Sundown Audio

SS XXX-15000D

Rose-Villian

so if your friends with him why are you asking info on here, wouldnt he have already told you about the amp,and if your going to do 16v why are you asking about what it does at 14v ? :unsure:

Yes But Of course Grizz will Hype his Own Product!

And I still hve 14v system Im THINKIN about going 16v...

And Im The Reason JUSTIN even Got His hook On all His Soundstream!

WWW.OSGINDUSTRIES.COM

I LOVE HATER'S

I got a buddy that owns 2 cactus elt 12s. :01nocomment8so:

Needless to say they are stout amps. In their street car they did a 156db with 2 dd 9510s and 1 nsb75 battery (think they won nationals for their class this year)

In his other car he has a elt running 4 dd9512s and 2 cs 9000 batteries. For the most part the car is a daily driver and also bassraces a 154+dbs.

I know you can get the cactus elt 12 for a lil more then 2500 if your an actual competitor and can provide stats.

I can get it a lill cheaper :)

And yes im a Competitor,have been competing for4 yrs...

And My buddy already has a SSXXX 15k

But i just Hate how SS always Inflates there Power Rating's...

WWW.OSGINDUSTRIES.COM

I LOVE HATER'S

Yea... Its One of the Better For Sure!!!

Thats Why Ide run it!

And the Warranty Grizz Gives You/ Or I.... Is Un-Beatable lol

I'm pretty confused as to where this thread was going from the start then. I actually got a little chuckle after this post.

Btw there is one warranty I know of that is better than any in the business. It's a lifetime warranty but you said you'd never run it in your vehicle.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

I'm pretty confused as to where this thread was going from the start then. I actually got a little chuckle after this post.

Btw there is one warranty I know of that is better than any in the business. It's a lifetime warranty but you said you'd never run it in your vehicle.

You 100% correct!

WWW.OSGINDUSTRIES.COM

I LOVE HATER'S

Never tried one of these SD amps but from what I've been reading there pretty decent, not trying to bash the xxx15k or whatever it is but you keep saying the SD is ugly and lite. IDC how ugly an amp is if its pushing 16k and can prove the numbers in the lane I'd run it all day. As for the weight I'd rather have a lite case verse a heavy chunk of steel casing just so when you held it you think man this is gotta be powerful.

You 100% correct!

Seriously... learn a little about them before you hate on them, no need to go dissing something when you're pretty ignorant of what's going on inside...

Firstly, they use totally different parts to most of the 'old' big amps. The MOSFETs they use will handle like 4 times or more as much power as what the eastern amps are using. So when a SD amp has 20 FETs in the power supply, you can pretty much compare it to say, a Zenon with 40 or more.

I don't know what you're on about with the jimmy rigging thing, would you care to elaborate?

And why do you need lots of power inputs if you put a bus bar 6" away from the amp? Then you can run a million runs of 0 to the bus bar if you want and then a couple of short runs to the amp. Alan Dante did some testing with the Stetsoms, after going from 2 +/- to 4 they gained no power at all. So it's fair to say that all the extra inputs are pretty much a gimmick.

Being all against the new stuff is like the people who were against Class D when it first arrived in the mainstream. All the cries of 'it will sound bad' 'it just blows up' and 'no amp that small could make that much power' - ring a bell at all? Look at the 3ft long 1000w Class A/B amps... remind you of this SS behemoth at all? Instead of using new technology they're just using more of the old stuff... sure the new stuff has some teething issues but they'll get sorted out and then we'll all be laughing at the wierdos using the old 4ft long surfboard amps with all the pointless power inputs...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived