Second Skin Audio

Problems With MY HK4000d!

i had this happen wiht my HK802sx, Take off the front cover and dust off your fets. and if you can, carefully dust off the board. i did this and worked just fine after that. also, i had mine with 2 hc2400s and a 200 a alt at 2 ohms bridged(its a 2ch amp) and i needed more battery power. so i would add another battery

Bills

ohh thanks man!

im not very familiar with an amp noard wats "fets" ?

Vehicle: 2003 Lincoln Navigator

Exterior:Custome Air bags, Chrome Grill, 8000K Hid Low & Fogs, 24in rims,Corsa dB Performance Exhaust

Amplifiers:Kicker Kx2500.1, MA Audio M700XE

Batteries: 1 Kinetic Hc2400 Battery

Electrical: STOCK Charging System! Tsunami 40farad Capacitor,

Enclosure: 8 ft³ tuned to 45Hz Interchangeable Ports(34Hz)

Headunit: STOCK! (DVD,CD,Navigation), AudioControl LC6i, AudioControl Epicenter

Mids/Highs: (4)Sets Of Focal Access Component 690 CA1, 2) Sets Of Infinity Reference Tweeter

Subwoofers: 2) 15 Power Acoustik Mofo

Wire: Multiple Runs Of 1/0 Gauge Streetwire Cable

Video: http://www.youtube.com/2treo15

power_supply_mosfets.JPG

omg.. thanks man!!

Exterior:Custome Air bags, Chrome Grill, 8000K Hid Low & Fogs, 24in rims,Corsa dB Performance Exhaust

Mids/Highs: (4)Sets Of Focal Access Component 690 CA1, 2) Sets Of Infinity Reference Tweeter

and power hungry as fuck. lol

ask kyle gold

Bills

who is kyle gold can i get his info?

Sounds like either clipping or possibly even low voltage, except that it was only running low for a short period of time. Which will pretty much eliminate the voltage drop theory, unless u got the voltage drop from hell all of a sudden. Those amps are serious current whores and have been known to be very touchy with clipping. So I'd suggest getting an extra batt or 2 in back and even would suggest an HO alt if you can afford it.

Btw is that duralast batt a wet or dry cell battery??

Also this is so confusing, could you explain in english please - added a lil bass then i made a "click" sound and the bass cut out so i took off the bass a the bass came in .... You made a click sound and the bass cut out, so you took off the bass a???? the bass came in.

I'm not trying to be a dick but it just doesn't make any kind of sense that I can decipher.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

• 1 month later...
Sounds like either clipping or possibly even low voltage, except that it was only running low for a short period of time. Which will pretty much eliminate the voltage drop theory, unless u got the voltage drop from hell all of a sudden. Those amps are serious current whores and have been known to be very touchy with clipping. So I'd suggest getting an extra batt or 2 in back and even would suggest an HO alt if you can afford it.

Btw is that duralast batt a wet or dry cell battery??

Also this is so confusing, could you explain in english please - added a lil bass then i made a "click" sound and the bass cut out so i took off the bass a the bass came in .... You made a click sound and the bass cut out, so you took off the bass a???? the bass came in.

I'm not trying to be a dick but it just doesn't make any kind of sense that I can decipher.

the duralst battery is http://www.duralastparts.com/gold/images/main/batteries.png

ok the volume is at 5 out of 35!

as soon as i start adding bass and the voltage drops under 13.4volts the amp cuts out, and the moment i take off the bass and the voltage goes up to 14.0 volts it clicks back on!

the duralst battery is http://www.duralastparts.com/gold/images/main/batteries.png

ok the volume is at 5 out of 35!

as soon as i start adding bass and the voltage drops under 13.4volts the amp cuts out, and the moment i take off the bass and the voltage goes up to 14.0 volts it clicks back on!

its still doing it? you didnt fix it yet?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

its still doing it? you didnt fix it yet?

you have power issues, with that size of amp, you'll need more than just one battery back there, and also a high output alternator atleast 200 amps.

i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .