Second Skin Audio

Wall Design

• 2 weeks later...

box.jpg

11.16 cubes before displacement. about 10.1 cubes after displacement of subs and bracing.

Any thoughts on this type of port? Not sure exactly how to calculate it since the bottom half of the port is shorter than the top half, but I'm sure I can get it figured out. Or if anyone is willing to help me pm me.

the 18's like 5 cubes each so 10 cube common chamber after displacement. They need 80-95 sq inch total of port opening to be low end monsters. i would tune at 30-34hz

I'm really delaying my build because I've had so many different ideas on boxes and I want to pick the best one before I start chopping up wood to only find out its not going to work.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

box.jpg

11.16 cubes before displacement. about 10.1 cubes after displacement of subs and bracing.

Any thoughts on this type of port? Not sure exactly how to calculate it since the bottom half of the port is shorter than the top half, but I'm sure I can get it figured out. Or if anyone is willing to help me pm me.

I'm really delaying my build because I've had so many different ideas on boxes and I want to pick the best one before I start chopping up wood to only find out its not going to work.

Hmm interesting great minds must think a like. This is how my design looks for my 18s however im going for 13 cubes after sub, and bracing displacement. Cant give you any feed back cuz I barely bought the wood but if I finish first I'll let you know how it goes. Preying for :hairtrick: but still waiting on amps

steven.jpg

it looks like it wouldn't even act as a port, more of a hole in your box

why not extend the box to the ceiling (hence the word, WALL) and then put a regular port up top.

would also give you a bit more displacement since you only have about 5 feet a sub (small for an 18)

Thats a small wall.

For 2) 18s in a wall I usually go about 20-24 cubes.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion