i drive a brown 1998 buick lesabre. it looks just like this but the paint job is no where near as clean as this.

http://images03.olx.com/ui/1/08/69/f_469969_2.jpg

my taillights are tinted. my question is do you think it would look good if i painted it flat black?

if you think it would look good my second question is how should i prep for the paint job?

obviously im going to wash it and sand it down before i paint but what grit sandpaper should i use and is there any other prepatory stuff i should do besides taping everything off. i plan on using spray paint.

Once or twice I have missed having a back seat / rear hatch, but all in all people love to see a walled vehcile. It just screams "i'm not fucking around with my setup, im loud"

its a lesabre

and a more than decade old one

put the money you'd spend on a real paint job (or spraypaint if you were gonna do it the ghetto way) towards a black car. your average paintjob professionally done is a few g's, which is prob more than the car is worth

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

its a lesabre

and a more than decade old one

put the money you'd spend on a real paint job (or spraypaint if you were gonna do it the ghetto way) towards a black car. your average paintjob professionally done is a few g's, which is prob more than the car is worth

X2 and if your like me and like your stuff clean and shiny dark colors suck I have a very dark blue truck and I have to wash and wax it twice a week to make it look decent. Dark colors show EVERYTHING any dust dirt scratch or swirl. Cant touch rain because a decent rain even after a fresh coat of wax and i get water spots and it looks terrible. I personally will never buy a dark color again.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Dont use spray paint, shit will be peeling in a week. Goto Advance Auto and get some real automotive paint. You just need to know someone with a paint gun or buy one. Youll also need some 300+ grit sandpaper and some paint thinner.

My Babies

bl-1.png

97 2.5 Avenger, 92 5.0 Fox, 97 2.0 Turbo GST Eclipse, 00 2.0 Jetta, 06 GSXR 600, 98 CBR 600, 01 GSXF 600, 93 CBR 900RR

Wilwoods dont slow your car down, they slow the earth down under your car...remember that next time you slam your brakes, you may spill my drink.

i drive a brown 1998 buick lesabre. it looks just like this but the paint job is no where near as clean as this.

http://images03.olx.com/ui/1/08/69/f_469969_2.jpg

my taillights are tinted. my question is do you think it would look good if i painted it flat black?

if you think it would look good my second question is how should i prep for the paint job?

obviously im going to wash it and sand it down before i paint but what grit sandpaper should i use and is there any other prepatory stuff i should do besides taping everything off. i plan on using spray paint.

If you use spray paint, it is going to look like shit. Get automotive or even agricultural paint if you are a cheapass and get a gun with a compressor from harbor freight if you don't already have one

Car

1996 Sable LS

8,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Pioneer Premier DEX-P1R

Diamond Audio D351, Diamond Audio D362i, Diamond D3TAK off Kicker ZX200.4

Custom 15" 13w7 motor, 3.5" aluminum coils dual 1 ohm off NV-AM25001

Dynamat Dynaliner Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Stock 130A Alternator

My Build

Truck

1995 Ford F-150 Flareside XLT

10,000K Bi-Xenon HID's, 15,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Kicker KS6502, KS400 off Pioneer Premier PRS-D4100F

Truck Build

Ref(s) Rogers, Jared, Mikesmith0890, Twigz, DHFHades, BASS14, Solo_X18, mrafrica, camino_1to3, kickerassman

[speakerman9000] 5:43 pm: if sony sucks so bad how come my amps still work when i had 3 12s on it

[capalass23] 11:27 pm: wow u grand man poopin out babys like hto cakes

[KevinniveK] can u have sex later please hes helping me

Please dont use spray paint. I do automotive refinishing. you need to scuff the whole car.

If your going for perfection you are going to want to look for the high and low spots on your panels, from dings and dents if any. Go to your local Napa or mom an pop paint shop and get you a thing of bondo (body filler). If you want to do this step, let me know in this thread and I will post more detailed info.

If your not worried about the dents and dings then just scuff it, tape and paper off all your trim and anything you dont want painted. DONT half ass it, over spray will ruin everything. You're going to need a spray gun/cup, an air compressor and 400 grit sand paper to sand out the primer. You need to get a spray primer that you mix yourself and use with the spray gun.

Watch youtube for spraying techniques.

Will upload some pics of a project tomarro, might help

1992 Cadillac SeVille STS

Pioneer DEH-P7600MD

Pioneer Premier Surround

JL Audio 10W7 Ported

Kenwood KAC-7203

Kicker ZX350x4

My YouTube

No you should not paint your car black, it is not worth the money because the car is so old.

probally not doing it now. lol

Once or twice I have missed having a back seat / rear hatch, but all in all people love to see a walled vehcile. It just screams "i'm not fucking around with my setup, im loud"

Get it sprayed down with bedliner :spiteful:

But really it's not worth it to get that old of a car repainted, unless it has some sort of a sentimental value to ya. The cost of a decent quality paint job will prolli cost more than the car is worth, let alone a nice paint job. If you really want it to be repainted then do as much of the prep work as you can to save yourself money, then just bring it in for a $200 Maaco special. Just don't expect it to be of any quality, prolli could equal it with a couple cans of primer and black spray paint yourself.

I've seen someone get their car painted yellow from Maaco before and their tires ended up being the same color of the body also lol. Literally looked as if someone just dumped a bucket of paint all over it from the horrible drip marks everywhere.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace