BREAKING NEWS Army says 12 dead, 31 injured at Fort Hood

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33678801/ns/us...urts/?GT1=43001

BREAKING NEWS

NBC News and msnbc.com

updated less than 1 minute ago

At least one U.S. soldier opened fire Thursday at Fort Hood, Texas, killing at least 11 people and wounding 31 others, military officials said.

One gunman was shot to death, and two other soldiers were in custody, Lt. Gen. Robert W. Cone, commanding general of the Army’s III Corps, told reporters.

Cone gave no further details on the dead gunman. A senior Obama administration official told NBC News analyst Roger Cressey that one of the suspects who was in custody was an Army major.

The official said the shootings could have been a criminal matter rather than a terrorism-related attack and that there was no intelligence to suggest a plot against Fort Hood.

Military and local hospital official officials said the victims were a mixture of men and women, military and civilian. At least one of those killed was a civilian police officer, Cone said. At least four local SWAT officers were among those wounded, NBC affiliate KCEN-TV of Waco reported.

Fort Hood, one of the largest military complexes in the world, was on lockdown, as were schools in the area. Dozens of agents of the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives responded to the post, federal officials said.

Speaking in Washington, President Barack Obama called the shootings a “horrific incident.”

“It’s difficult enough when we lose these great Americans in battles overseas,” Obama said at the Interior Department. “It’s horrifying that they should come under fire at an Army base on American soil.”

Shootings at two sites

Emergency Services officials at Fort Hood said the incident began about 1:30 p.m. CT (2:30 ET) when at least one gunman opened fire in the Soldiers Readiness Processing Center and Howze Theater on the west side of the base.

A spokesman for the base, Sgt. Major Jamie Posten, said the processing center was where soldiers “cycle through as they prepare to deploy.”

Retired Army Col. Greg Schannep, an aide to Rep. John Carter, R-Texas, who was on the post to attend a graduation service, told the base newspaper, The Fort Hood Sentinel, that he heard “three or four volleys of shots, with eight to 12 shots in each volley.”

“Initially, I thought it was a training exercise,” he said. But then, “a soldier came running past me and said, ‘Sir, there is someone shooting.’

“As he ran past me, I saw blood on his back,” Schannep told the base paper. “I don’t think he even knew he had been shot.”

Fort Hood is adjacent to Killeen, about 60 miles northeast of Austin. The sprawling complex is home to at least 4,929 active-duty officers and 45,414 enlisted. Civilian employees total nearly 9,000.

A spokesman for the Army, Lt. Col. Lee M. Packnett, said he was unaware whether security measures were put in place at other military bases. A spokesman at Fort Lewis, Wash., said the incident was being treated as isolated.

Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchinson, R-Texas, said in a statement: “I am shocked and saddened by today’s outburst of violence at Fort Hood that has cost seven of our brave service members their lives and has gravely injured others. My heart goes out to their loved ones.”

Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s campaign spokesperson said the governor was in Denton, scheduled to attend a campaign event, when word of the shooting occurred. There was no word on whether he had left Denton or whether he was headed to Fort Hood.

Edited by Riff Raff

154k03o.png

01 Tahoe

Big 3

20 ft.1/0 streetwire under hood

4 Batteries

Stock Battery and

1800 Kinetic Batt under hood

2 Sprinter S12V500F Battery,165 AH

Kicker 1/0 going from front to back

Sirius sportster

Alpine 9886

Kicker 650.4zx mids and highs

Q-Logic kick panels w/Kicker6 1/2 comps.

XXX re comp 6.5 in front doors

Alpine6.5 coax in rear doors

2 Audioque 2200d strapped

2 Audioque 18 HDC3

5% all the way around

2 layers raamat on roof

doors covered in raamat

A moment of silence for the fallen and their families............ R.I.P.

And then shove the guilty parties heads next to Meades box port at full volume for an hour each as a precursor to punishment!

Ride - 2006 Scion xB

Equipment:

H.U. - Kenwood KDC-X793

Amps - Memphis 16-MC2.100

Memphis 16-MC1.1100

Front Stage - Memphis 15-MCC6 6.5 Components with silk dome tweets

Subs - Memphis 15-M310D4 10" Sub (x2)

Custom box 3.02 ft3 after displacement, tuned to 37 hz

Big 3

Second Skin Damplifier

Coming soon:

Kinetik HC1400

H.O. Alt

AudioControl three.1

damn its on every local channel here,on top of fox news and cnn

154k03o.png

01 Tahoe

Big 3

20 ft.1/0 streetwire under hood

4 Batteries

Stock Battery and

1800 Kinetic Batt under hood

2 Sprinter S12V500F Battery,165 AH

Kicker 1/0 going from front to back

Sirius sportster

Alpine 9886

Kicker 650.4zx mids and highs

Q-Logic kick panels w/Kicker6 1/2 comps.

XXX re comp 6.5 in front doors

Alpine6.5 coax in rear doors

2 Audioque 2200d strapped

2 Audioque 18 HDC3

5% all the way around

2 layers raamat on roof

doors covered in raamat

This is so messed up. My prayers go out to the families.

2000 VW Jetta

Pioneer headunit

1 Soundstream PC.6 6.5" component set

4 Pioneer TSA6984R 6x9

4 Selenium 6w4p 6"

2 15" Sundown Audio E's in 4 cubes @35hz

Digital Designs CM1000

Rockford Fosgate Punch p400.4

Plans

New Box

New headunit

New Amps

R.I.P.1995 Chevy Blazer LS

Rockford Fosgate headunit

2 Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5"

2 Rockford Fosgate T1 4x6

2 Rockford Fosgate T1 4"

Hifonics Warrior hcx5.2c

4 Selenium 6w4p 6"

18" Mmats Juggernaut in 4.5 cubes @ 27hz

Hifonics Brutus 1200

Rockford Fosgate Punch p400.4

Alpine 4 channel

Optima Red Top

Plans

New Box

New headunit

New Amps

That sucks. Prayers go out to all those families. The air force base here in montgomery was on total lockdown after this.

HU: JVC Arsenal AR880

Subs: (4) Incriminator Audio Warden 15s

Highs: (12)Eminator 8s (12)Eminator 6.5s (12)Eminence Apt80s

Amps: (2) Incriminator Audio 40.1s (subs), (2) MB Quart Discus 4125s, (1) MB Quart 4.80

Electrical:

-DB Electrical 275 amp Ohio Gen

-BIG III

-(5) XS Power d3100s

152.3 In Street Beat 5.

State record in Alabama. (USACI)

http://www.youtube.com/Itgetslow

12 Reported Deceased including one gunman

31 Reported Wounded

:(

Why is this topic labeld with a smilie face?

X2.

Take the smiley off of this. Not funny.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties