Woofer Size Vs Spl

Okay , i know pressure is pressure , but how does say 150 db's sound from 10's compared to 15's

what im trying to say is , although i dont have a one note wonder , actually really far from it , but i have just been put to shame by 1 12inch woofer . and im running 4 15's .

although when running music ill put him to shame 50 times over and im alot louder . how does this work?

LOUDNESS VS SPL ?

what im trying to understand or wonder is , would a car with 4 x12's vs 4 x 18s both doing exactly the same numbers , the one would obviously be louder . why ? is it the cone area?

confused , can somebody explain ?

You have to control your elements. If the same vehicle had 4 18's and then 4 12's... If they were running on the same amount of power... It would be hard to compare apples to oranges, yea they're both fruits but of different sizes and quality.

there are so many variations as to answering your question. yeah you will put the guy with 12s to shame because he is tuned so high but with the right song, he would be right there with you, that is if he can find music with high bass notes. it prolly sound like @ss but it will wang.

xplod.jpg

refs: chode69, superduper

think of it this way too, you may have 4 15s with a wide bandwidth, say 20-60hz pretty flat, so it sounds loud all the way around, that guy with the 12 has a much NARROWER bandwidth, so his freq is compressed to that one note wonder.

If you think of it as bandwidth, and compression of bandwidth its kinda like, "Oh, yeah, I see" If you tune that box right there at cabin tunning it will get loud, but if you double the octave, say go from 30hz to 60hz, the speaker cone is moveing twice as fast, and the resonance is more effective at the double cabin resonance, becasue the cabin is getting twice as much pressure going back and forth

( since the sound/pressure waves moves in waves, and bounce back and forth 60times a second, over 30 times a second- there is twice the air pressure) But again, sounds like ass

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

its about tuning and shit. 4 18's could peak a lot louder than the 12's at lets say 30 hz cause of the air they can move. you would need to tune the 12's higher to try and get the same nmber.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/