Tahoe bros and gm techs unite to help me

i have a 2003 tahoe with autoride, and i lowered it 2/3 ok for the front lower it was spindles for the rear it was new springs and shock extenders, now my auto ride quit on me so i wanna rplace the shocks with some good ole normal shocks but i dont know the lentgh to get, id like too tak off the shock extenders if possible and just get some nice set of drop shocks. please help me figure this out

i have a 2003 tahoe with autoride, and i lowered it 2/3 ok for the front lower it was spindles for the rear it was new springs and shock extenders, now my auto ride quit on me so i wanna rplace the shocks with some good ole normal shocks but i dont know the lentgh to get, id like too tak off the shock extenders if possible and just get some nice set of drop shocks. please help me figure this out

i lowered mine and they told me the shock extender is pose to keep the same travel for the rear shocks so the ride wont be affected, so i just bought the same shock same as stock from NAPA and they ride the same....

Powerbassbanner.jpg

DCbanner.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

153.3 @ Turkey Drag 2009

Spl Modified 1001-2000 - Derrick Jones my alias... Wudn't accept DEEz NUTz !!!

• 1 month later...
you can always just measure from bolt to bolt and subtract or add inches to where your ride height is supposed to be at and go get some new one or just take those extenders off and go get you some drop shocks..

on the tahoe in your sig what drop do you have on it and wheel/tire size? I picked up a 2003 a couple months ago and want to put some 24's on it and lower it to where the fender is just above the tire.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

you can always just measure from bolt to bolt and subtract or add inches to where your ride height is supposed to be at and go get some new one or just take those extenders off and go get you some drop shocks..

look who made it over here! haha welcome bro

as for the OP check out the tahoeyukonforum TONS of info on suspension over there

as for shocks go with the Bilstein's

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

ok me and suspension dont mix, can someone just give me a link that says here this is wat u need, id love to get drop shocks just dont know the size

and finding where my ride height shoul be is kinda hard im pretty much on the bump stops right now so im guessing it need to be at least a couple inches higher

might just be easier to use the shock extenders and just get factory size shock but i stil cant find the size

ok me and suspension dont mix, can someone just give me a link that says here this is wat u need, id love to get drop shocks just dont know the size

and finding where my ride height shoul be is kinda hard im pretty much on the bump stops right now so im guessing it need to be at least a couple inches higher

might just be easier to use the shock extenders and just get factory size shock but i stil cant find the size

bro cut the bumpstops OUT and also cut the metal that holds the bumpstops out clean to the frame. A sawzall will make SHORT work of it - That will buy you at least 6" - it did for me.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

call mitch at Ekstensive he will send you what you need. 281 442 1050

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

bro cut the bumpstops OUT and also cut the metal that holds the bumpstops out clean to the frame. A sawzall will make SHORT work of it - That will buy you at least 6" - it did for me.

thanks steve ill look into that for sure

Archived