LoudBimmer Posted November 22, 2009 Report Posted November 22, 2009 so, have you made your mind up on the build? 4 18 or 6 18? what amp you running? batteary's? how many alt? what size of box?
1992Chevy K1500 Posted November 22, 2009 Report Posted November 22, 2009 Dam ok so maybe about 10-12 Batteries, but how many BTL's should I go with in your opinion 6 or 8? I feel like making this an official poll, but I will wait until I have pics of my stuff. I have learned. Superman won't be able to bend my battery rack. And maybe 4 alts if necessary. I just don't want to fry my whole system with too much current so I will need a regulator. Chicken did something that I don't want to do and that was lose his rear AC/Heat, my truck has more room than his so I will see if I can keep mine, and I want to moung a spare tire under the truck. Thanks for the suggestions that is what this startup kit is for. An alt only provides that power that is demanded from it. It doesn't output full current all the time. My comp setup (Not bad for what it is): HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with: 15.4" widescreen AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor 2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz) Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD 128MB shared video memory Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours) What it does: On a USB 2.0 Wireless card
tripleb45 Posted November 22, 2009 Author Report Posted November 22, 2009 so, have you made your mind up on the build? 4 18 or 6 18? what amp you running? batteary's? how many alt? what size of box? I think 4 is out of the question I already have 5. I am thinking about 6 or 8 and want to see which one has the best feedback. I am doing 6 to 8 Audioque 3500's, Powermaster batteries most likely, I heard a lot of bad stuff about kinetik that was my second choice, My box will be HUGE. lol I am def going to do a wall with this one. Never have before, but I guess system # 6 will be the charm. lol
tripleb45 Posted November 22, 2009 Author Report Posted November 22, 2009 An alt only provides that power that is demanded from it. It doesn't output full current all the time. Oh cool because this mechanic I know said big alts will burn out your electrical system, then again he is not an electrician. lol I figured something was wrong with his theory because everyone has H/O alts now. Oh yeah if someone would be so gracious as to send me a 18" BTL basket I would be greatly appreciated, I will need a real template. Oh yeah if you want money just name the price.
1992Chevy K1500 Posted November 22, 2009 Report Posted November 22, 2009 Oh cool because this mechanic I know said big alts will burn out your electrical system, then again he is not an electrician. lol I figured something was wrong with his theory because everyone has H/O alts now. Uhhhhhhh..... I'd not be going back to that mechanic anytime soon. The only potential way an alt can burn out the electrical system is you try and draw too much power through too little wire. My comp setup (Not bad for what it is): HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with: 15.4" widescreen AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor 2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz) Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD 128MB shared video memory Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours) What it does: On a USB 2.0 Wireless card
Chode69 Posted November 22, 2009 Report Posted November 22, 2009 well are you doing this for SPL or daily beat for long periods of time? NoFearX18 said: Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said: i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL! trainman0978 said: I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P... Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power 2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!! DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!
tripleb45 Posted November 22, 2009 Author Report Posted November 22, 2009 well are you doing this for SPL or daily beat for long periods of time? Daily but I will be doing competitions. I would like to reach about 160 db before the year is over, and I won't go back to that mechanic. lol
finkster Posted November 22, 2009 Report Posted November 22, 2009 And maybe 4 alts if necessary. I just don't want to fry my whole system with too much current so I will need a regulator. LOL....too much current...the alts only put out what you need. an external regulator would be nice and convenient, they should have some awesome ones out by then too...but a regulator has little to do with frying your shit...i would be more concerned with frying your stuff with too little power... Edit: yea im late i had to type out all this shit from my ipod lmao DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
tripleb45 Posted November 22, 2009 Author Report Posted November 22, 2009 LOL....too much current...the alts only put out what you need. an external regulator would be nice and convenient, they should have some awesome ones out by then too...but a regulator has little to do with frying your shit...i would be more concerned with frying your stuff with too little power... That sounds better, but I am still pondering: 6 18" BTL's or 8 18" BTL's? Tell me what you all think. The only reason I am skeptical about 8 is because chicken did it and I don't want to be called a chicken nut hugger. Let me know what you all think. lol
LoudBimmer Posted November 22, 2009 Report Posted November 22, 2009 so you wonna do a regular build or something unique?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.