Sonic Electronix

First post, yippie! Just want to introduce myself, my name is Eddie and just wanted to state this site is very helpful and cool. Some insane rides you guys.

My rides consist of a 96Tahoe and 2000 camaro. The Hoe gets the system and bags. The Camaro gets twin turbos.

Anyway, Down to bis. I have two Xtant X1001 amps hooked up to two 10w7's in a sealed box. Both W7 cones are frozen so, I'm done with JL. I'm looking to replace both 10's with a single 18 DVC. My question's are as follows: Are my x1001 amps strappable? If not, how should I wire it (one amp each coil)? Sub choices are 1ohm and 2ohm, which would you choose? How can I wire these amps to get 1ohm?

Thanks

Eddie

1996 Tahoe 2dr

Alpine IVA-D901 - Alpine PXA-H701 - Alpine RUX-C701

200 amp alternator - Yellow Top - Alumapro 15 farad cap

T1000-4

(2)MB Q-forms 6.5

FOR SALE AA 18" Mayhem / T2500-1bd FOR SALE

2000 Camaro SS - UNDER THE KNIFE

Twin Turbo - 6 speed - 9 sec with a/c

http://www.fquick.com/LS1king000

Thanks. Oh hell mutha f***ing yeah, it comes with a bass knob........I've been wanting one of those anyway. Love the test tone switch. Not to bad on price. For the Life of me I can't find the RGM for X series amps any which where.

Edited by ls1king000

1996 Tahoe 2dr

T1000-4

(2)MB Q-forms 6.5

:mellow:

psst....(whispering) hey careful using too many words like yippie and goodie around here. great substitutions would be shit yeah, right on, I ______rock and I know it. Things like that.

Topic - nice project cars man. Both should be alot of fun. Get that Tahoe running 2 18"

Live the dream baby...You will be shitting your pants again before you know it.

Running 1 amp per coil is greater than strapping

Also if you mess up strapping amps say bye bye to the amps it's more safe and louder if you don't strap

Couldn't agree more. Just run them one off each coil. i would go with a D2 and run each amp 2ohm. If you get a DC Lvl4 with a 5coil like mine that shit will honk. I'm running about 1600w to each of mine and my Tahoe hits pretty good. Build your box to run your 18 on max SPL cubes, tune port to 32hz and enjoy brotha.

I'm just tossing around ideas. What about a DC lvl5, (3) x1001 and a maxxlink? I have another x1001 sitting around but, I think I'll just the 2, one amp per coil.

1996 Tahoe 2dr

T1000-4

(2)MB Q-forms 6.5

I'm just tossing around ideas. What about a DC lvl5, (3) x1001 and a maxxlink? I have another x1001 sitting around but, I think I'll just the 2, one amp per coil.

im not sure if you would be able to hook 3 up to one sub? i feel like the coils would be getting an uneven amount of power, and idk how good that is.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Depending on your budget is what it comes down too.

2K on 1 sub will pretty much pound anything. Make that box big using the SPL cube specs off DC website and it will do it's best to tear your truck apart. Level 5 is def a top sub. Get more power and have fun with it. That maxxlink will give you a clip light indicator so use it. 2K wont hurt a lvl 5 but if the signal is shit then you could have some trouble.

Depending on your budget is what it comes down too.

2K on 1 sub will pretty much pound anything. Make that box big using the SPL cube specs off DC website and it will do it's best to tear your truck apart. Level 5 is def a top sub. Get more power and have fun with it. That maxxlink will give you a clip light indicator so use it. 2K wont hurt a lvl 5 but if the signal is shit then you could have some trouble.

I've watched the youtube video of the maxxlink and I get how to hook up 2 amps to one sub. Since it can output up to 5 amps, I thought 3k would be better than 2k. Lvl5 says peak @ 4000....

1996 Tahoe 2dr

T1000-4

(2)MB Q-forms 6.5