you should make a false floor to go around the box

1. won't slide around

2. it'll clean up your wiring

*the blue represents your false floor

then have the amplifier right here at like a 30-45 degree angle

l_0ca0f4a0a3e74d20b70d5b95c6ee8545.jpg

1. then drill your holes for your wires to come through

2. paint it with fleckstone or your choice

I thought about doing something like that, without the false floor, but havn't thought about it too much + that paint is like $10 a can. Thank you for your $0.02. That is an awesome idea, and is probaly what I will end up doing. Thanks :good:

... this thing rips my trunk apart... Broke my third tail light with in the first 3 minutes or so... I need some Second Skin for my trunk. I was playing Money Man Chopped and Screwed from someone on here... forget who... and HU was 31/35volume and it started smoking a little bit.. so I shut it off immediately. It's wire at 2 ohm, amp puts out 840 rms at 14.4 volts, says on birthsheet. gain is only about 4/11... was it smoking because clipping? It still plays and sounds the same. It wasn't a WHOLE lot of smoke, but enough for me to worry.

... this thing rips my trunk apart... Broke my third tail light with in the first 3 minutes or so... I need some Second Skin for my trunk. I was playing Money Man Chopped and Screwed from someone on here... forget who... and HU was 31/35volume and it started smoking a little bit.. so I shut it off immediately. It's wire at 2 ohm, amp puts out 840 rms at 14.4 volts, says on birthsheet. gain is only about 4/11... was it smoking because clipping? It still plays and sounds the same. It wasn't a WHOLE lot of smoke, but enough for me to worry.

maybe the song when "they" chopped and screwed it, it maybe clipped on some notes does it smoke when other songs are played?

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63

• 2 weeks later...

You just start by going back and SETTING YOUR GAINS properly. If your HU goes to volume 35 and your turning it up to 31 more then likely your clipping the crap out of the signel from the hu back. There are many tutorials on how to set gains just find one and use it, it will sound better and help you extend the life of your audio equipment.

You just start by going back and SETTING YOUR GAINS properly. If your HU goes to volume 35 and your turning it up to 31 more then likely your clipping the crap out of the signal from the hu back. There are many tutorials on how to set gains just find one and use it, it will sound better and help you extend the life of your audio equipment.

It was at 31/35 for about 2 seconds. My gains are not set to max before clipping, it's way down.

* I think I blew one coil all the way the other day. Was listening to it and it was making a weird wisp sound and then kinda pop and crackled and stopped hitting as hard and the wisp sound went away. Doesn't matter too much. I'ma be changing it up soon. Depends are how everything goes, may go with 2 12s or a higher powered 15, maybe DC XL 15 or Level 4. Also been kinda looking at Kicker CVXs, idk if it will handle 1300+rms.

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update on the AQ, I guess I clipped the shit out of it and it opened up a coil.. it still bumps though.

Ordered a fully loaded Fi Bl with Fire dust cape to add some deebeezz and got me 8 gauge Flex Kable from KnuKonceptz in the other day. I havn't decided if I want to go with a Kinetik HC1400, RF 2F cap, or RF 10F hybrid Cap... I think I could get away with just a RF 2F cap, but that's no fun... I have basicaly NO voltage drop at all now and I'm running about 850Rms, gonna be bumping it up to about 1350 here when the Bl gets here.

Just an update on the AQ, I guess I clipped the shit out of it and it opened up a coil.. it still bumps though.

Ordered a fully loaded Fi Bl with Fire dust cape to add some deebeezz and got me 8 gauge Flex Kable from KnuKonceptz in the other day. I havn't decided if I want to go with a Kinetik HC1400, RF 2F cap, or RF 10F hybrid Cap... I think I could get away with just a RF 2F cap, but that's no fun... I have basicaly NO voltage drop at all now and I'm running about 850Rms, gonna be bumping it up to about 1350 here when the Bl gets here.

do the HC1400 bro.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Archived