And don't take it as me trying to bash Kumho, they're a good company and like a few of you had said, their bigger tires do work. I know this first hand too because my older car had Kumho's on it.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Actually none of my tires are ususally under or over inflated. I think that tire is like that because of the cracks, that's why I'm gonna take that rim off the car so my tire wont go completely flat and damage my rim.

well mine happened i didnt lose air the cracks where still sealed from inside the tire so it wouldnt let air out but that was what happened to my tires and was cause of low psi cause back then would never ever check them

Check out my build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...mp;#entry717600

GUERO.jpg

4 12" Kicker L7's

1 zx2500.1 Kicker Amp

1 zx650.4 Kicker Amp

All Kicker 1/0 Wire

Headunit Jvc Kw-Nx7000

3 sets of 6.5 Image Dynamics CXS6 series

well mine happened i didnt lose air the cracks where still sealed from inside the tire so it wouldnt let air out but that was what happened to my tires and was cause of low psi cause back then would never ever check them

I got to check mine out then because before this all of my tires we're stiff and I checked them pretty often to see what the tire pressure was on each one of them.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

how long ago did you get them? you can tell what date they were made by looking at the DOT number on the side of the tire... it would be the last 4 numbers something like 3508 meaning 35th week of 08 was when it was made.. then you could call um kumho and tell them you got how ever many miles on them and they're falling apart... and make sure you tell them you always had the correct amount of air pressure in them. and you have it checked weekly... they might be nice and replace the tire... or prorate it.. i've seen it done before... did you get the road hazard warrantee on the tire... if you pay the extra 10 bucks each tire of whatever... if anything happens like this... which is a defect... they would warrantee the tire for free.... that's one warrantee i always buy

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

sorry for jinxing you :D i would get rid of those kumhos as fast as possible, those things SUCK. Get the pirellis and not only will they HOPEFULLY not do this (crack and split), but the ride will be NOTICABLY better!!! Sorry to say im glad to see your pics but i am because it shows that its not just me :D Oh and no, its not from using tire shine, thats such bullshit (heard it a few times).....just like you said, if thats the case then why is the INSIDE as bad as the OUTSIDE? Anyway good luck and get the P-Zero's!! the price is the same so no worries there.

My kumho's ..are still going strong ..

rolling on 24's or 26's? If not, you dont know. If so, you will find out soon enough.

Honestly what it looks like there cause of low tire pressure look at how low your tire is in this picture looks really low thats is usally the main cause of cracks i learned this the hard way as well.. now i check my tire presurre either once a week or ever 2 week and keep them around 35 PSI since then never have had a problem/.......

same thing bro, unless you are on 24's or 6's, you wont know - i cant speak on 22's and lower........and i didnt own my 23's long enough to experience the problem but id bet my last dollar they would have failed too. Anyway, if you DO own 24's or 6's and you had 35lbs in them, you are underinflating them. These tires take 50psi.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

how long ago did you get them? you can tell what date they were made by looking at the DOT number on the side of the tire... it would be the last 4 numbers something like 3508 meaning 35th week of 08 was when it was made.. then you could call um kumho and tell them you got how ever many miles on them and they're falling apart... and make sure you tell them you always had the correct amount of air pressure in them. and you have it checked weekly... they might be nice and replace the tire... or prorate it.. i've seen it done before... did you get the road hazard warrantee on the tire... if you pay the extra 10 bucks each tire of whatever... if anything happens like this... which is a defect... they would warrantee the tire for free.... that's one warrantee i always buy

but only get that warrenty when you get them like at discount tire or like a big tire chain..... some shops here in my area just say manufactor warrenty and prettymuch have to deal with the company..

Check out my build

GUERO.jpg

4 12" Kicker L7's

1 zx2500.1 Kicker Amp

1 zx650.4 Kicker Amp

All Kicker 1/0 Wire

Headunit Jvc Kw-Nx7000

ya sure, if you can get someone on the phone, good luck........they MIGHT prorate them. They were going to for me but when i tried to call back and ask for a different "authorized" dealer (after the one i went too acted scared of 26's) they never answered again. I called 6 or 7 times and left at least 3 messages and no return call. On top of all that, if they DO pro rate them and get you some replacements, you still get to ride on those same exact tires and it WILL happen again. I switched brands, thank god they didnt answer the phone now that i look back because the Pirelli OWNS the Kumho in ride quality and sound....time will tell if they are durable - i would rather have wore out tread then side wall splits any day.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

same thing bro, unless you are on 24's or 6's, you wont know - i cant speak on 22's and lower........and i didnt own my 23's long enough to experience the problem but id bet my last dollar they would have failed too. Anyway, if you DO own 24's or 6's and you had 35lbs in them, you are underinflating them. These tires take 50psi.

well on right now i have 22's 265/35/22 falkens keeping them at 35 maybe tad more no problems....before i 4's but bent the shit out of them ( thats another story ) had 275/30/24 toyo's those would keep at little over 40 cause the max was 50psi .....

sorry dont mean to jack thread but steve on ur 6's 295/25/26 whats the height on those rims/tires......planning to slap on 6's later in the future but need measurments to see if they fit or will need to raise back up a bit

Edited by Guero3384

Check out my build

GUERO.jpg

4 12" Kicker L7's

1 zx2500.1 Kicker Amp

1 zx650.4 Kicker Amp

All Kicker 1/0 Wire

Headunit Jvc Kw-Nx7000

they wolnt pro rate or swap them. They will tell you they torque cracked from your driving habbit. You gotta send the tire to them, they inspect them, and tell you that. They say you latterly over loaded them. Iam a khumo dealer, I have a bunch of the 20-26in 35/30/25 series tire that look just like that, anything bigger, Ive never had a problem with

been there done that.

The PSI in 22-30's is normally 40-42psi.

and the warrenty is bullshit. Thats big chain stores way of keeping you comming back. If you blow one, they pro rate it to cost, and try to sell you one more at least, telling you its bad for your car to run 2 diffrent wear tires on the pulling axel (or 4 on a AWD unit) the manufacture warrenty runs out basically when you mount it. Unless it goes flat sitting, because if you blow it driving, the side wall will be damaged, or something will look cut, and they will say that.

If you can afford them the Pirelli are the shit. We have them in 26's on our shop burban, and in 22s on the SRT8

Edited by baggedon4s

99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.

Well I bought my car how it is so I don't know if the previous owner bought that extra warranty, but I guess I could still try giving them a call then.

sorry for jinxing you :D i would get rid of those kumhos as fast as possible, those things SUCK. Get the pirellis and not only will they HOPEFULLY not do this (crack and split), but the ride will be NOTICABLY better!!! Sorry to say im glad to see your pics but i am because it shows that its not just me :D Oh and no, its not from using tire shine, thats such bullshit (heard it a few times).....just like you said, if thats the case then why is the INSIDE as bad as the OUTSIDE? Anyway good luck and get the P-Zero's!! the price is the same so no worries there.

rolling on 24's or 26's? If not, you dont know. If so, you will find out soon enough.

HAHA, it's all good Steve. That just makes 2 of us on here with the same problem with Kumho tires. IIRC you got the Pirelli Scorpion tires didn't you? What's the difference between those and the P-Zero's?

And just thowing it out there but about running tires under 24's, I think it's a whole lot easier to do it, because on these thinner tires you acctually have to check them like every week because it's not like the bigger tire where you can tell right away when it's slightly under inflated.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k