15" Btl-vids-roof Flex-custom Bass Nob Install

Well its not much but its a start. Ordered a fully loaded BTL 15" this morning. Going to run it off my T1k for now plan on getting a T3k for it. I just wanted something other than my p312's and i know this one 15 will drown out tha 2 p3's. Didnt have any tools so i went to home depot and dropped 3 bills on some box tools. Also got a pair of Infinity Reference highs to go in place of the factory highs, they sound awesome even off the HU. Im going to pic 2 sheets of 3/4" mdf tomorrow, gonna have to borrow my wifes truck. Heres a few pics....more pics tomorrow. <_<

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Sounds like it should be an awsome system man. Keep us posted. And im sure you will be really happy wit that 15.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

no not a "box virgin" just dont have my old tools there still at my dads which is like 9 hours away and i just havnt built any boxes in the past 3-4 years.....ive always built sealed boxes but now that i see that ported tend to produce more output im going with a slot ported box....how do you figure how much area is ported im putting the 15 in a 5 cube box rear firing rear slot.....

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

....how do you figure how much area is ported im putting the 15 in a 5 cube box rear firing rear slot.....

if you use a decent calculator it will tell you

try this one, sunno if its what your looking forre calculator

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

holy s#!t thats tight....thank you very much

question.....the calculator posted above i am using.....i want the box tuned to around 33-35 hz and when i enter port size it doesn't get there untill i make the port 5 inch wide by 14 inches high that doesnt sound right? or is it....havnt used one of these before

Archived