Jared420 Posted November 18, 2009 Author Report Posted November 18, 2009 everything hits very hard low but the only dissappointment is my higher bass. Is it a tuning issue with my box or maybe the lpf on the amp? The very high bass barely hits for example in the song I Put On by jeezy the first bass tone barely hits then it drops to the 2nd and that hits very hard it drops to the 3rd lower one and it hits harder and crazy and then it bottoms off with the very very last low note and it still hits hard and loud but just bass like that first not isn't really there. According to the calculators I used for the box it is tuned to 32 HZ should it still hit the highs good or should I have tuned higher? I will try and get a few videos up possibly tomorrow which might help you guys see what I mean but does anyone have any ideas or somewhat understand what I am talking about? 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
ascitiesburn69 Posted November 18, 2009 Report Posted November 18, 2009 Problem is....You are coming from a sealed box which will hit the high notes better than a ported one tuned to 32. But yes if you have your LPF set too low then you won;t get higher freq bass from them. Set it around 80hz or so.
ascitiesburn69 Posted November 18, 2009 Report Posted November 18, 2009 everything hits very hard low but the only dissappointment is my higher bass. Is it a tuning issue with my box or maybe the lpf on the amp? The very high bass barely hits for example in the song I Put On by jeezy the first bass tone barely hits then it drops to the 2nd and that hits very hard it drops to the 3rd lower one and it hits harder and crazy and then it bottoms off with the very very last low note and it still hits hard and loud but just bass like that first not isn't really there. According to the calculators I used for the box it is tuned to 32 HZ should it still hit the highs good or should I have tuned higher? Set your sub sonic filter on your amp or you will go through those subs pretty fast. And if there getting stinky off "700"wrms which in reality is prob more like 600wrms then chances are your clipping the hell out of your amp so turn the gain down.
Jared420 Posted November 19, 2009 Author Report Posted November 19, 2009 Set your sub sonic filter on your amp or you will go through those subs pretty fast. And if there getting stinky off "700"wrms which in reality is prob more like 600wrms then chances are your clipping the hell out of your amp so turn the gain down. The subsonic is set to somewhere around 20 and the lpf is set to what i think it pretty close to 80 , its hard to get an exact number because the numbers on the subsonic are at min 5 i think and then the only other reference point is at max and thats 50 so I have it set about halfway and the lpf goes from 20-200 this is set a little under halfway. 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
Jared420 Posted November 19, 2009 Author Report Posted November 19, 2009 The subsonic is set to somewhere around 20 and the lpf is set to what i think it pretty close to 80 , its hard to get an exact number because the numbers on the subsonic are at min 5 i think and then the only other reference point is at max and thats 50 so I have it set about halfway and the lpf goes from 20-200 this is set a little under halfway. Where should the subsonic be set to? i dont want to ruin the brand new subs. As far as clipping i dont really understand fully what clipping is or what it does to a sub 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
Jared420 Posted November 19, 2009 Author Report Posted November 19, 2009 Where should the subsonic be set to? i dont want to ruin the brand new subs. As far as clipping i dont really understand fully what clipping is or what it does to a sub any suggestions for the subsonic? 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
AI James Posted November 19, 2009 Report Posted November 19, 2009 subfonic should be 3ish hz below box tuning...no its not normal to smell them either my brand new hertz subs dont smell at all, my brand new type r 10 doesnt smell either most likely if it smells you have something cranked to high
Jared420 Posted November 19, 2009 Author Report Posted November 19, 2009 subfonic should be 3ish hz below box tuning...no its not normal to smell them either my brand new hertz subs dont smell at all, my brand new type r 10 doesnt smell eithermost likely if it smells you have something cranked to high alright thanks yea i think i may have gotten a little greedy with the gain knob, im gonna turn it down on the amp so i cant go too far. 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
Jared420 Posted December 1, 2009 Author Report Posted December 1, 2009 OK i am bringing back this thread to ask a little more advice. I feel like I am getting the hang of everything a little better and have a decent grasp on alot of the basics of sound systems. Like I said this is the loudest setup I have had to date , and although I am satisfied Im still not satisfied. I dont exactly have that slamming bass that Ive been hoping for but I feel like Im decently close to getting there. I have already decided I will be doing a rebuild in the spring. Ok so there are probably about 50 people on here that are gonna wanna say I TOLD YOU SO!!!! but Ive given it some though and Im gonna say F#$K the backseat. Its comming out and Im building a huge normal rectangle ported box. Equipment I want to use, AQ2200 2 15'' type rs (possibly 3, i will explain) Big 3 0 gauge switch my power and ground to 0 gauge Good battery in the back. Now here are the questions. My box will be able to be about 12-14 cuft before any displacement. Will this be too big to run 2 15's and would I be better off with a 3rd (they are dual 4 ohm subs so 3 could be wired to .67 i believe) so I would have a ton of airspace and a decent amount of power to 3 subs, or a good amount of power and at least 12cuft for 2 15s. 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
Jared420 Posted December 1, 2009 Author Report Posted December 1, 2009 I figured I would just put it in this thread instead of starting a whole new one. I wanna start doing my research now so i can get things squared away on this one because it will be somewhat legit instead of squeezing a weird shaped box with underpowered woofers and a box that is way on the small side. This time i gotta do it better more power more airspace bigger port area. 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.