Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

type R 15s (need more help)


Jared420

Recommended Posts

Posted

regaurdless Im aware the subs are underpowered although they are rated for 750 rms we all know they can take a good amount more which is why I will be getting the aq 2200. around 1000 a piece should do them nicely.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Posted
NVm, my post is pretty pointless seeing you have the subs already.

But as for the upgrade I would go for a H.O. alt. and a nice batt. under the hood.

In trucks you can fit pretty big batteries under the hood, so it isn't really necessary to run a second for 2k. And as for a box I would go 3-3.5 cubes per 15. Some people have run a pretty hefty amount of power on stock alt, so if you're going to keep the stock alt I would upgrade the battery under the hood and also add one in back.

Do you know the amperage of your stock alt?

No I dont. thats why im starting to do all my learning now. build wont start until affter winter. I want to learn as much as possible about my options and prices before i just go and do it. I will findout about my stock alt, But i was thinking of doing 2 better batteries instead of one battery and an alt just because of price alone. 2 batteries should be 4-450ish i hope if i find decent deals, and that right there doesnt even equal the price of one HO alt.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Posted

plus i will be switching from 4 gauge to 0 gauge and doing the big 3.

Just outta curiosity i remember a dude on here running the aq3500 on stock electrical and a single battery. he had 2 aq hdc3 10s and his videos looked like his shit wanged, how did he pull off the 3500 on stock electrical? i believe he has a silverado single cab?

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Posted

Anyone know how optimas match up against the kinetiks and xs powers? I got price checks on a redtop for under the hood and a yellow top for the back and both combined would come to 330 so the price is more than right but will that support 2k rms?

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Posted
plus i will be switching from 4 gauge to 0 gauge and doing the big 3.

Just outta curiosity i remember a dude on here running the aq3500 on stock electrical and a single battery. he had 2 aq hdc3 10s and his videos looked like his shit wanged, how did he pull off the 3500 on stock electrical? i believe he has a silverado single cab?

I'm not familiar with the setup you mentioned, but just b/c someone has a big amp doesn't mean they are getting all the power it can produce. It would be impossible to run an amp that big at FULL tilt at 1 ohm without having some upgrades.

th_140x100square.jpg
Posted
I'm not familiar with the setup you mentioned, but just b/c someone has a big amp doesn't mean they are getting all the power it can produce. It would be impossible to run an amp that big at FULL tilt at 1 ohm without having some upgrades.

I know stock electrical could never power out 3 k rms , nowhere near that I do know that much but all I saw were good comments and people impressed by his 2 10s being crazy loud. Didn't see anyone asking why he would be running that amp with stock electrical. Either way I'm not trying to bash anyone or anything just curious. but I need to figure out my situation and I gotta find what batteries will work for me and what I can get a good deal on

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Posted
Anyone know how optimas match up against the kinetiks and xs powers? I got price checks on a redtop for under the hood and a yellow top for the back and both combined would come to 330 so the price is more than right but will that support 2k rms?

Optima Yellow tops don't stack up against even a Kinetik 2400 much at all, let alone an XS 3100 or Northstar NSB-125. To save a little money I'd suggest just throwing the yellow top under hood and then one of the other 2 big batts i mentioned. Electrical system is not something that you wanna skimp on. It's pointless to spend money on subs + amps if you don't have the electrical to run the amps properly. If you aren't gonna have the proper electrical setup then just stick with your 1200D until you have the money to do so.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Posted
Optima Yellow tops don't stack up against even a Kinetik 2400 much at all, let alone an XS 3100 or Northstar NSB-125. To save a little money I'd suggest just throwing the yellow top under hood and then one of the other 2 big batts i mentioned. Electrical system is not something that you wanna skimp on. It's pointless to spend money on subs + amps if you don't have the electrical to run the amps properly. If you aren't gonna have the proper electrical setup then just stick with your 1200D until you have the money to do so.

good to know I know NOTHING about batteries, if I'm going to do it I may as well go for it. Making a new box for my subs now probably wouldn't give me a drastic change. Adding power and changing the box definatley will. Maybe I'll get lucky and find someone selling a big batt at a good price and get a yellow top and save some money.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Posted
Optima Yellow tops don't stack up against even a Kinetik 2400 much at all, let alone an XS 3100 or Northstar NSB-125. To save a little money I'd suggest just throwing the yellow top under hood and then one of the other 2 big batts i mentioned. Electrical system is not something that you wanna skimp on. It's pointless to spend money on subs + amps if you don't have the electrical to run the amps properly. If you aren't gonna have the proper electrical setup then just stick with your 1200D until you have the money to do so.

yea hees right on that. dont slump on eletrical for the 2200d id recomend a 220amp alt and a couple hc2400's

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

Posted

If you were to build a new enclosure right now you'd see a drastic difference in output... The box you build is wayy to small for the little power you're running. If you were to build something like 8.5ft3 @ 34hz w/ 100-120in^2 of port. The box you currently have is very inefficient and building a much larger one(like i mentioned) you should see a very big difference.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 424 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...