Big 3 on 105 amp alt

I have a question. I only have a 105 amp alternator right now and was looking into doing the big 3. My question is, can I just use 4 gauge wire with, say, a 120 amp fuse on my alt to batt? I don't know if I will have enough 1/0 to do this run...

you can, just won't have as much of a voltage rise compared if you'd do it in 1/0

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63

I have a question. I only have a 105 amp alternator right now and was looking into doing the big 3. My question is, can I just use 4 gauge wire with, say, a 120 amp fuse on my alt to batt? I don't know if I will have enough 1/0 to do this run...

yea you can use 4 gauge and i dont think you need to fuse it from the alt to the batt

Setup:

Headunit: 7" indash screen

Sub: fi bl 12

Amp: Audioque 1200D

Box Ported tuned to 34hz

Big 3 done in 1/0 gauge

ive heard 4guage can handle up to 150amps n i have a stock 75amp alt in my geo with a big 3 in 4guage n it works out just as good as my 0guage in my truck wit stock 70amp alt

u can do it till u get bigger wire, but if u go to around a 175 idle to 300max alt its best to run 1/0-0guage to it

but ya 4guage will work, i got a 150amp fuse on my alt but ive heard u dnt really need one but i put one on just in case

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

oh ya i forgot, about 70% of cars use 4guage for stock wires so i unno

just leave ur stock wires intact tho

and the only reason i took mine off cause my stock ground wires were 10guage n that wasnt hardly good enough for anything so i just went ahead n redone em wit 0guage

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

it will make somewhat of a diff but not that much

but ied go ahead n order a big 3 kit from scottie j for around $30 aint bad

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=51487

n u can use the 4guage elsewere, but trust me it does make a diff

in my geo my idle voltage was 13.2v and when i did big 3 in 4guage cause thats all i really had i was saveing my 0guage for my truck, n voltage went to 14.7v so ya it makes pritty much good diff, but u wont get as much resistance wit 0guage tho

The problem is I have been 86'd from spending money on audio by the parents, so I no longer have access to a PayPal account.

Next time I do an install though I may use the money to support my local audio shop by buying some wire. They charge a lot for it but if it keeps their doors and ears open for me it won't hurt as much.

Too many projects, too little time...