Sonic Electronix

Here's the deal. I have an AQ HD3 15. It may have seemed to bottom out. I mean, The sub seems to play fine when the volume is up. Hits nice and all. Now when the volume is low and I turn the bass knob up, it sounds horrible. I tried pushing the sub with my hands and it seems like the sub is stuck aka no movement. Is my sub blown? Remember, it plays "fine" loud although some notes, when it hits, sounds like the subs is hitting against something and sounds horrible (aka BASS I LOVE YOU note @ :24)

Now another question, is this easy to fix? If I took the sub apart and reconed it using the old stuff. Is that even possible? Or do I need to get a whole new recone and start from there? Please help!

If the sub doesn't move at all when you push it could mean cracked magnet/top plate, or you fried the coils and they have become unwound.

If its a cracked magnet/top plate then reconing wouldn't help huh? Also, the coils still read close to 2 ohms. Would I need to take apart the sub and have them "rewound" or should I just get a whole new kit? Also, how to check for cracked magnet/top plate?

If its a cracked magnet/top plate then reconing wouldn't help huh? Also, the coils still read close to 2 ohms. Would I need to take apart the sub and have them "rewound" or should I just get a whole new kit? Also, how to check for cracked magnet/top plate?

I doubt its a cracked magnet if its still playing, it's pretty a rare occurrence and the only reason I say that is because when my top plate cracked the sub was completely stiff. If your coil is blown, then you need a recone, if the magnet is cracked, then you pretty much need a whole new sub.

teamsundown-1.jpg

If the coils are still reading fine then I'd suggest tearing it down yourself and see if u can figure out wht happened. Then recone it yourself if u know how to or send it out to be reconed. If anything shifted then you'd need to send it off to somewhere like FI for it to be fixed, rather than a standard recone.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

no, you cant rewind them. you can just buy a new recone kit. the reason being, you have to cut the spiders and surround to get to the coil. so you have to replace them all at once.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

of course the sub is gonna sound like ass on a sub-20hz note at high volume. its way under your box tuning i bet

probably blew it. check your coils with a multimeter

if it sounds like its hitting something, its bottoming out. dont play that song anymore.

Yeah man, I'm not playing that song anymore, lol. Either way, if it's bottoming out, then time for recone eh? Sucks..

How new is the sub? Like Brand new, becuase AQ sent a note with my buddies saying not to play 20-39 hz at all untill the sub had about 10-12 hours of play time aka broken in. It said you would have a suspension problem if you didnt follow those intructions...

So how old is the sub?