edgil1985 Posted November 18, 2009 Report Posted November 18, 2009 What is the difference between DVC 2 ohms and DVC 4 ohms? Which is better for what?
wL<3bass Posted November 18, 2009 Report Posted November 18, 2009 Wiring, Mms, BL, and Fs usually change change a slight bit along with other ts parameters....but usually they don't change by much.....so more or less it just so you can wire it differently. Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4 Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2" Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400 Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube) Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors) Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex My YouTube Videos My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build My "Seamless" Looking Box Build My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk My feedback/references...
rawlins87 Posted November 18, 2009 Report Posted November 18, 2009 the thiele small parameter are usually VERY close for all dvc4,2,1 subs. Ohm load would be more important than those slight changes to worry about.
edgil1985 Posted November 18, 2009 Author Report Posted November 18, 2009 So which is the better choice?
MXmike800 Posted November 18, 2009 Report Posted November 18, 2009 what amp are you using? how many subs? it depends.
edgil1985 Posted November 18, 2009 Author Report Posted November 18, 2009 what amp are you using? how many subs? it depends. I dont have anything right now, but I plan on it in the future and was wondering what I should go with.
skittlesRgood Posted November 18, 2009 Report Posted November 18, 2009 So which is the better choice? it all depends on your amp. for instance, i have 2 amps strapped that do 3000w at 2ohm. so i have two 2ohm DVC subs wired to give me a 2ohm load. if you have an amp that puts out its most power at 1ohm then you wouldnt want two 2ohm DVC subs. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
kanarrjl Posted November 19, 2009 Report Posted November 19, 2009 I dont have anything right now, but I plan on it in the future and was wondering what I should go with. what do you plan on getting? 1sub 2,3,4? how many amps? 1 or 2? 97 Honda Civic Sedan Rear disc brake conversion 2" drop 17's lots of exterior mods SYSTEM SoundStream VIR-5850 Dvd player RE 6x9's and 6.5's Soundstream DTR4.500 Soundstream DTR1.2200 8" RE-x in a t-line Kinetik 1800 Plans 4-SA-8's Another Kinetik High output alt My Cardomain
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.