Sonic Electronix

i got a fi 18 btl fully loaded rated at 4000 watts daily i have 1500 true on it box tuned at 28hz is that to low is drops nice and shakes the shit out of me and i can sit is frot of stores and flex there glass real good

95 towncar

1 1800 kinetik under the hood 1 2400 in trunk

1fi 18 btl fully loaded in a 9.75 cu.ft box tuned at 28htz

eclipse 30d head unit

4 re 6x9

4 super tweets

2 clarion dpx11500 on sub over 3000 watts

1 directed 200 on tweets

1 alc 1200 on 4 6x9

8000k hids

candy blue pant by alex the great

24" but not on car yet tranny went out

lambo kit

5 2400 kinetik comeing soon

4 more dpx11500 comeing soon

2 more 18" fi btl fully loaded with a wall

all work done at my shop RAZORS EDGE AUDIO

its up to you and what you like.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

28 hz isnt unheard of. If you like the way it sounds then keep it. I think meade was tuned in the high 20s before, he may still be....

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

basically, as you tune higher the output increases, at the expense of becoming more peaky and losing the ability to play notes that are under the tuning freq (for instance, if your box was tuned to 34, and you played some C&S stuff that had a 29hz tone, it could have a drastic roll off, cause the speaker to unload, or just make a whooshing sound. If the box is tuned to 28, that same note will rumble the hell out of you and everything near you.

its preference. I've kinda tried everything from 30-44hz and preference wise I like 30-32, but thats just me.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

28 hz isnt unheard of. If you like the way it sounds then keep it. I think meade was tuned in the high 20s before, he may still be....

thanks for the imput back so quick i have always been in to beat but just now really learning about it i work at a audio shop razors edge its on the forum but i love the advice fixing to upgrade to 2 fi 18s and 6000 watts

95 towncar

1 1800 kinetik under the hood 1 2400 in trunk

1fi 18 btl fully loaded in a 9.75 cu.ft box tuned at 28htz

eclipse 30d head unit

4 re 6x9

4 super tweets

2 clarion dpx11500 on sub over 3000 watts

1 directed 200 on tweets

1 alc 1200 on 4 6x9

8000k hids

candy blue pant by alex the great

24" but not on car yet tranny went out

lambo kit

5 2400 kinetik comeing soon

4 more dpx11500 comeing soon

2 more 18" fi btl fully loaded with a wall

all work done at my shop RAZORS EDGE AUDIO

also with the tunning of your box it affects the ability of your sub or subs to play certain notes and be controlled. Typically i think its about 5Hz below your tunning that you can play that the box will still control your sub and provide it with enough air to keep the sub from bottoming out. So typically the lower the tunning the better ability to reproduce the lower notes but you will lose some output...

please you audio gods who have alot more knowledge then me correct me if im wrong.

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

basically, as you tune higher the output increases, at the expense of becoming more peaky and losing the ability to play notes that are under the tuning freq (for instance, if your box was tuned to 34, and you played some C&S stuff that had a 29hz tone, it could have a drastic roll off, cause the speaker to unload, or just make a whooshing sound. If the box is tuned to 28, that same note will rumble the hell out of you and everything near you.

its preference. I've kinda tried everything from 30-44hz and preference wise I like 30-32, but thats just me.

This is pretty much on the money.

Just remember that by loading you can play a lot lower than box tuning... I did a 148.6 @ 42hz with a SPL box tuned to the car's peak of 62hz. Sure it was down on the peak frequency but it was still ~17hz below tuning and still loud as fawk, mostly because the port was loaded hard against the hatch.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived