Sonic Electronix

What kind of "glue" is needed for reconing a sub?

I used this:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.c...tnumber=340-620

from Parts Express. It was easy to work with because it is a thicker Gel. I put 2 of my subs back together (spider separated from the cone and spider separated from the basket) with this stuff some time ago and haven't had any problems since.

Like 6.50 for one ounce plus shipping...

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Fixmyspeaker.com

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

Not sure if it'll need an activator, but Gorilla Glue make a CA glue (btw, super glue is CA usually, iirc)

Gorilla Super Glue is a cyanoacrylate adhesive. Gorilla Glue is a polyurethane adhesive.

Gorilla Super Glue does not require extended clamping or moisture to activate. It does not foam during set up. In addition, Gorilla Super Glue is recommended primarily for indoor applications only.

Gorilla Super Glue is ideal for smaller repairs that require an instant bond and projects where clamping is not needed.

Yes, it will work on paper. Only apply a small amount. It is not acid free, therefore, not recommended for scrapbooking.

Gorilla Super Glue works well up to temperatures as high as 200-220ºF. However, too much exposure to extreme heat will cause the strength of the bond to be compromised. Likewise, too much exposure to water, especially warm water, can compromise the strength of the bond.

Gorilla Super Glue can typically be exposed to temperatures ranging from -65ºF to 200ºF without breaking down.

However, there can be variation to this range due to the way different substrates expand and contract in extreme temperatures.

Also if you go to any hobby shop (model airplanes, cars, trucks, etc..) ask for Tire Glue, medium viscosity. Light viscosity will dry to quick. Max viscosity will take to long to dry. It'll cost about $8-10 for a bottle of it at a hobby shop.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

CA glue and activator are available in any hobby shop.

Not true, I have a hobby lobby by me and they do not carry it except on their site.

And the CA glue available to you at hobby stores is not the same, its a thinner usually clear color CA Glue which sucks for woofers since you need a thicker more gel type.

Not true, I have a hobby lobby by me and they do not carry it except on their site.

And the CA glue available to you at hobby stores is not the same, its a thinner usually clear color CA Glue which sucks for woofers since you need a thicker more gel type.

i concur look for the black ca glue or contact dave at PSI he will sell you some very nice glue

Roseville, CA

i meant a real hobby shop, not hobby lobby. real hobby shops have about 10 or 15 types of CA for different things. ( i mess around with rc cars too )