Well, yesturday my buddy called me at 7am from his work, his boss owns a salvage yard in town by me. Well I was talking to my friend, and he said that his boss wanted a stereo hooked up. So I go out to the yard, wait for a while for his boss to get back into town because he went on a bike ride to get some sort of distro block for his hydrolic steering.

So after waiting about 45 minutes I heard his Harley pull up, and says that he has a stereo to be put in and he liked how my car sounded. So Im thinking ok cool a basic install in his truck.... Wow was I wrong. Its on a boat. So Im thinking ok this will be fun.

He got some JENSEN marine speakers from a buddy that works for mercury racing last summer to replace the fried ones in the wing thingy, and had another pair for under the rear bench seat.

Then he had a 10 inch sony marine sub that is 200watts rms, 800 watts peak 6 ohm svc. I had to dremil out some fiber glass on the side of a boat that use to be a small cubby hole which I made a tad bigger.

I also had to make two cut outs for the 6.5s under the rear bench seat, and then had two make two more cutouts for some 6.5 polk momo components in the cabin, and some holes for the tweeders higher up by the cabin seats.

Not to mention fishing wires through a fiberglass hull boat with some welding cable was a lot of fun too.

So right now I got his polk comps, and jensen 6.5s under the seat hooked up to some no name 4 channel amp that is ratted at 40 by 4 rms, and his sub wired to a sony xplode 2 channel amp that is bridged. The sony amp says its 220 watts (but we all know how sony rates their amps) and considering its only seeing a 6 ohm load the sub is lucky to be seeing 120 watts rms...

As of right now its all hooked up, but I didnt finish it up completly. The amps are not mounted yet and either is the the head unit, but I cranked her up just for a test run, and I was pretty amazed by how loud and clean it was for what I was giving too work with. Tomorrow I have to run out to the salvage yard to pick up some cash, because when I was talking too him before I left today I convinced him into running some better amps.

I told him that they make 5 channel amps and he is kind of wanting me to find him a amp, becuase his sub could take some more power since its not even getting no where close to its rms power. I also tried to explain the ohms to him and said that he could safely add another 10 inch sony marine speaker and run the amp at 3 ohms instead of 6 ohms which would produce more power out of the new amp, and give him more lower end punch. So now he is also debating that, and looking for some better 6.5 marine speakers besides jensen for his wing, and below the rear seat in the back ( he kind of wanted to replace the polk momos in the cabin with marine speakers too, but I told him that it shouldnt matter since they are in the boats cabin where they wont see the same harsh elements as the outside speakers). He currently has 2 optima blue tops, and a ac delco marine battery in his boat, Im trying to also get him to replace the ac delco battery with a yellow top for the stereo.

So far tuesday I had 3 hours of work invested into his boat and made $150.

Today/wed evening I have a little over 4 hours invested and made $200.

And Im going back tomorrow to wire up a new amp which I still have to go out and buy, and clean everything up. But Im sure Ill be paid at least another $100 for sure, but Im not counting my money before I get it.

Not to mention FREE beer and boose while working too :)

Here are some pics, I took them from my phone Some turned out better then others. I totally forgot about taking pictures yesturday but all I did was cut holes. Tomorrow when I go back out their Im going to bring my digital camera and take some better pics.

05-09-07_1811.jpg

05-09-07_1808.jpg

05-09-07_1807.jpg

05-09-07_1806.jpg

05-09-07_1704.jpg

05-09-07_1703.jpg

05-09-07_1702.jpg

05-09-07_1701.jpg

05-09-07_1700.jpg

05-09-07_1659.jpg

05-09-07_1658.jpg

05-09-07_1656.jpg

05-09-07_1657.jpg

The wiring mess. Still has to be cleaned up, but will end up getting cover by the cabinet that house radio in the next picture.

05-09-07_1655.jpg

05-09-07_1654.jpg

Well I brought my digital camera, and got some new batterys for it, and the damn thing still wont turn on.... so more cell phone pics :(

Here is the sony amp... lol but it met the garbage can last night :)

05-10-07_1822.jpg

The sony amp was replaced with this.

05-10-07_1814.jpg

05-10-07_1815.jpg

05-10-07_1817.jpg

Just a shot of the batterys, and where the amps are going to be mounted underneath the rear seat.

05-10-07_1821.jpg

More to come tonight, got to be out there in a hour or so to finish up the cleaning of wires, and to mount the hu in the cabinet and what not.

She is all done for now.

Another sub Sony Marine sub was ordered the other night, and sometime this week I got to stop out at his salvage yard and look for some decent coaxals to replace the Jensen 6.5s under the rear bench seat.

Here is the 4 channel amp that he had, no idea what kind it is, but it seems older and Im susprised at how powerful and clean it is. It really makes the Polk Momos scream.

05-11-07_2019.jpg

Here is the Alpine mrp m850 mounted up under the rear seat.

05-11-07_2020.jpg

Both amps mounted.

05-11-07_2022.jpg

Here is one of the motors, and the other motor still isnt in... Its really a pain crawling up on the swim deck, stepping on the motor mount and then stepping back up on the rear seat to get in and out of the boat, I think I lost 20 pounds with just all the extra crawling around..

05-11-07_2023.jpg

A better pics of the batterys and what not under the rear seat.

05-11-07_2025.jpg

Here are the jensen 6.5s under the rear seat that will be soon replaced. Behind the ladder you can see the cover with the 2 air scoops that goes over the engine bay, it makes it so much easier getting on the boat when that is actully on the boat... 05-11-07_2027.jpg

The wiring mess in the cabin for the cd player. Its mostly cleaned up in this pic compaired to the other pic with wires all over the place.

05-11-07_1915.jpg

The cd player in the cabinet.

05-11-07_1900.jpg

The cabinet back where it belons.

05-11-07_2041.jpg

The new party fridge that Chris, the owner just put in. I had to work around him most the time when he was installing the fridge. But it will keep the beer cold :)

05-11-07_1920.jpg

The other motor just chilling on the floor by his buddys Pantara.

05-11-07_2024.jpg

Some other misc pics of the boat, and the 3 old porches in his heated and a/c "barn" as he calls it...

05-11-07_2108.jpg

05-11-07_2106.jpg

05-11-07_2105.jpg

05-11-07_2051.jpg

05-11-07_2050.jpg

Here is the site on the back of the boats, Its called wisconsin party www.wiparty.com to give you an idea of what they do every summer on the lake. I cant wait to go out on the boat with him this year it will be a blast!