Second Skin Audio

RE XXX (old style) anygood ???

jazza02

its an 04-05 model

06-07 is the new model thats currently out

thank's for that Accordman .

so you think it's worthwhile getting it ?

as it would be a upgrade over my 10" eclipse 88100ti

australia03junehl4.gifCURRENT SET UP

Factory HeadunitGladen dual splits

Audio helon 4ch amp

Audio Helon 9kwrms monoBlock

2 15" Custom built Pap subs rated at 3kwrms each

its a GREAT sq sub, one of the best you can buy especially for the price, though i bet if you shop around you can find the new ones cheaper than that though. still a good buy though. however, it is not an SPL sub. it will get quite loud off of what you feed it but if you already have a 3k watt amp thats plenty for it, as the newer ones are like 2k RMS, though it should handle 3k, but you could always just sell your current amp and buy like a Sundown 2k and have a great amp n sub combination. however as i mentioned, its an SQ sub so if youre comparing it a 951x of the same size, the DD will get louder assuming proper enclosure and equal wattage.

Also if you do decide to buy a newer XXX, keep in mind they NEED large enclosures, like the 18" XXX is 9.0 cu ft for just one sub, and the 12 is probably like 3-4 cu after displacement optimal. Not quite sure about the older models.

lance2.png

Its not much of an upgrade from the eclipse other then cone size. Its a nice sub thoug i had 16 at one time and loved them

do you know the specs of the sub ?

also i know is that it is a DVC2ohm lol

Audio helon 4ch amp

its a GREAT sq sub, one of the best you can buy especially for the price, though i bet if you shop around you can find the new ones cheaper than that though. still a good buy though. however, it is not an SPL sub. it will get quite loud off of what you feed it but if you already have a 3k watt amp thats plenty for it, as the newer ones are like 2k RMS, though it should handle 3k, but you could always just sell your current amp and buy like a Sundown 2k and have a great amp n sub combination. however as i mentioned, its an SQ sub so if youre comparing it a 951x of the same size, the DD will get louder assuming proper enclosure and equal wattage.

Also if you do decide to buy a newer XXX, keep in mind they NEED large enclosures, like the 18" XXX is 9.0 cu ft for just one sub, and the 12 is probably like 3-4 cu after displacement optimal. Not quite sure about the older models.

That's 3000watt MAXX and it does 1500rms @ 1ohm @14.4V .

also i can get a cheap one over here . the 12" cost $1799 from the top of my head.

also i cant et Sundown over here and shiiping it plus the price of the amp would cost heaps.

All i want is a sun to crack the 145db mark .

the car is a 1986 AE82 Corolla hatch back

Audio helon 4ch amp

Its not much of an upgrade from the eclipse other then cone size. Its a nice sub thoug i had 16 at one time and loved them

Do you have any more that are dirt cheap ??

aslo the eclipse is only 1000rms DVC3.1ohm

Audio helon 4ch amp

Archived