what would cause this?

so this has happened twice now and i can't figure out what is causing it.

my computer has 32GB of space and it normally has around 5GB left after my programs. (every now and then something new will come along and i'll keep that) but about 2 or 3 months ago, my computer said i had low disk space. i deleted 3 programs, my ENTIRE music file(which was 1GB), and a bunch of vids and other files(about 3GB). so i should've had more space, right? well it kept saying i had low disk space and then just ran out all together.

i restarted my computer and BAM! 6GB of space. well yesterday it did the same thing again. low disk space, did disk clean up, erased 2 small files, then NOTHING! no disk space left. then, on top of all that, when i went to erased a program, it freaked out on me and said i needed -13,062KB or something. so i left it for a minute while i went for a shower. came back up and my virus protection was up! it said there was a high risk level and that i needed to kill it.

HOWEVER! there was no file name at all. no location. no nothing. so i clicked kill and then restarted my computer. came back up and THERE! 7GB of space.

so what would be causing my computer to.......eat itself? everything else runs fine and whatnot. haven't had any other problems but this. i mean, it's nothing i'm worried about, just curious.

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

temp files, worms, many other reasons

sounds like you need a hdd also

i have TONS of plans of things i'd like to have for my computer but just can't do it. i want a new graphics card, sound card, new keyboard/mouse, new motherboard. i want all that good stuff however, i would like to try to get a system started.

you don't think this could kill it though, do you?

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

i think if a ipod has more storage than your computer its time to upgrade. i just bought an additional 40gb hard drive for my mom for around $30 shipped

Edited by Stephen
you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

i think if a ipod has more storage than your computer its time to upgrade. i just bought an additional 40gb hard drive for my mom for around $30 shipped

lol. my computer has been alive since 2000. had less then 32GB until about 8 months ago when RAM was bought. i'm not worried about it though. i don't do much but have SMD and car audio stuff.

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

I don't even know what I'd do with less than 250gig. Currently have 1.5TB and soon to put in another 500gig.

I'd agree with the worms and temp internet files. Do a complete virus scan. Clean the temp files. Have you defragged? check hard drive for errors.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

I don't even know what I'd do with less than 250gig. Currently have 1.5TB and soon to put in another 500gig.

I'd agree with the worms and temp internet files. Do a complete virus scan. Clean the temp files. Have you defragged? check hard drive for errors.

can't defrag. it says that i need to run chkdsk but when i do it says that everything is fine.

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

Page file and a memory leak? Check the size of C:\pagefile.sys - you won't see it unless you enable showing of hidden files AND protected system files.

Don't try to delete it.

lol why?

might have done this before once or twice...

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

single 18" Fi btl fully loaded

2 1750's

2 c&d tech 88amp/hr batts

2 ought wiring

cdt component set up front, cdt coaxials in back

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693