Sonic Electronix

is 155.1 db ok for about 5K watts

why does everyone always call bs on shit the read and dont know about. so the op said a shop metered him at 155. we all know it can be done. as for the whole legal on the dash bullshit, if it meters 150+ forward of the b pillar, doesnt matter if its in the kick, at the headrest or on the dash. a 150+ is an awsome score. my yukon did a 153.4@37hz, on 4 t3 tss 15's and 2 dd m3's. call bs on me i dare you. my score is on the usaci 2008 world finals page. also in my yukon i only lost 1db from kick to window. as for the b&k being down 3-6dbs from a tl. you may be right, but the b&k meter is the only meter approved and used by nasa. the are the most accurate meter around. those are the meters they use for world record runs. just the cable alone runs $2100.

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png

why does everyone always call bs on shit the read and dont know about. so the op said a shop metered him at 155. we all know it can be done. as for the whole legal on the dash bullshit, if it meters 150+ forward of the b pillar, doesnt matter if its in the kick, at the headrest or on the dash. a 150+ is an awsome score. my yukon did a 153.4@37hz, on 4 t3 tss 15's and 2 dd m3's. call bs on me i dare you. my score is on the usaci 2008 world finals page. also in my yukon i only lost 1db from kick to window. as for the b&k being down 3-6dbs from a tl. you may be right, but the b&k meter is the only meter approved and used by nasa. the are the most accurate meter around. those are the meters they use for world record runs. just the cable alone runs $2100.

WHy are you getting all butt hurt about it? People are skeptical about it because 155 s a HUGE score to hit with such modest wattage. Last time I checked we arent NASA, so it doesnt matter if the B&C meter is the only one approved by nasa, because TL is the meter most car audio sanctioning bodies approve of. as far as being 3-6db's off that the equivelent of metering half and quarter volume...whos the one talking about what he knows nothing about?

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

I love people that think they know what they are talking about, read here sir: http://termpro.com/term-lab/index.asp

Edit: another link to date and more info

http://www.termpro.com/hnews/newsdetail.asp?ID=69

I believe that it says that NASA has selected the Term Lab as it's new spl meter and this article is over a year old.

On another note if you did your score at Usaci then it was in the kick pannel. My kick score is a 155.2 WITH ONE 15" SUB AND 5K WATTS. That's why no one is exactly flipping their shit about a 155 in the kick off 4 18's and around 5K watts. Dash scores are what counts and those that say it doesn't matter if it's kick, dash, or headrest are the ones who can't back up their shit talk on the dash. Oh by the way my best dash score with the same setup is a 152.6 in competition, but is over a 153 now but I won't claim it until I do it in competition. That's where a ton of people get me too, they claim a score but if it's not done at a sanctioned event then it doesn't mean a thing comparred to those of us that give leagal scores. I'm not pointing the finger at you on this one since your score was done legal at Usaci finals, but the op that started the topic. It doesn't mean a whole lot until you get it certified by an official competitive body.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

WHy are you getting all butt hurt about it? People are skeptical about it because 155 s a HUGE score to hit with such modest wattage. Last time I checked we arent NASA, so it doesnt matter if the B&C meter is the only one approved by nasa, because TL is the meter most car audio sanctioning bodies approve of. as far as being 3-6db's off that the equivelent of metering half and quarter volume...whos the one talking about what he knows nothing about?

first off its not about being butt hurt, its about people calling bs on others just because they either cant do those numbers, or they just go off what they have read. and read the whole post next time, the b&k mic is whats used on world record runs. i speak of what i know about, i also read the whole post before i respond. so nice try, but you fail.

well nightshade i dont go on termpro, so i did not know that nasa had changed to the t/l. i will admit that i was wrong on that part. but they still use the b&k on record runs. at least in usaci. and i can back up my shit on the dash, but i dont care to. we do not have db drag around here, we have usaci. so why build for a org that isnt here. so to me and the others that run usaci, dash scores mean shit to us, just like kick scores mean nothing to you. but you cant acctually sit there and say that if the op did do a 155, either in the kick or on the dash, that that is not a good score.

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

Good score :)

For the arguing my 2 cents.

It doesn't matter how one is metered but it does need to be said. We are all long distance here so just a number means nothing. Now sealed legal or with a new ac in the kick panel does. It gives people a reference they can compare to as a lot of us have been metered term-lab and ac at the dash and outlaw.

For teh haterz you will always have that on the internet. I used to have a loud junky system I had 200-300 bucks in. Cheap old kenwood amp, Cheapest subs Powerbass makes in a pre-fab in the trunk. for some reason it would make a lot of people furious when I would post what it hit. They would never get back to me though after I would prove it with my name and score at the top of the list for Usaci in my region.

first off its not about being butt hurt, its about people calling bs on others just because they either cant do those numbers, or they just go off what they have read. and read the whole post next time, the b&k mic is whats used on world record runs. i speak of what i know about, i also read the whole post before i respond. so nice try, but you fail.

well nightshade i dont go on termpro, so i did not know that nasa had changed to the t/l. i will admit that i was wrong on that part. but they still use the b&k on record runs. at least in usaci. and i can back up my shit on the dash, but i dont care to. we do not have db drag around here, we have usaci. so why build for a org that isnt here. so to me and the others that run usaci, dash scores mean shit to us, just like kick scores mean nothing to you. but you cant acctually sit there and say that if the op did do a 155, either in the kick or on the dash, that that is not a good score.

Kick scores don't mean nothing to me. I am the NSPL Hardcore World Champion with a 155.2 in the kick. NSPL Hardcore is metered in the kick the same as Usaci. NSPL Spl is metered on the dash just like Db Drag. Actually NSPL was the first organization to EVER meter in the kick, so you can thank Fred Wright Jr. (the founder of NSPL) for Usaci "borrowing" his technique of metering a vehicle.

Also if you will read back to a post I made in the topic I said that a 155 is a great score, but not with all the equiptment listed. I'm just comparing it to my own achievements and others that I compete with and a 155 in the kick is usually done with anywhere from a single 15 and 5K watts to a pair of 12's and 5K+ watts. Maybe NSPL is just loud, well yeah we are, but that type of score in the NSPL Hardcore Truck/Suv class would get beat by a truck with 2 18's and 8K watts that does a 158.5 in the kick.

Now this is my final statement on the Double D's score. It is a great score! For your first time being metered you should be very happy as you are. Now with that said, you should and will get louder with the same equiptment and some work. You have the potential in your build, equiptment, and vehicle to get louder. Also it seems like you have the interest and determination to do some great things. Good luck with your vehicle and if you need any help I'd be glad to answer some questions for you.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

Kick scores don't mean nothing to me. I am the NSPL Hardcore World Champion with a 155.2 in the kick. NSPL Hardcore is metered in the kick the same as Usaci. NSPL Spl is metered on the dash just like Db Drag. Actually NSPL was the first organization to EVER meter in the kick, so you can thank Fred Wright Jr. (the founder of NSPL) for Usaci "borrowing" his technique of metering a vehicle.

Also if you will read back to a post I made in the topic I said that a 155 is a great score, but not with all the equiptment listed. I'm just comparing it to my own achievements and others that I compete with and a 155 in the kick is usually done with anywhere from a single 15 and 5K watts to a pair of 12's and 5K+ watts. Maybe NSPL is just loud, well yeah we are, but that type of score in the NSPL Hardcore Truck/Suv class would get beat by a truck with 2 18's and 8K watts that does a 158.5 in the kick.

Now this is my final statement on the Double D's score. It is a great score! For your first time being metered you should be very happy as you are. Now with that said, you should and will get louder with the same equiptment and some work. You have the potential in your build, equiptment, and vehicle to get louder. Also it seems like you have the interest and determination to do some great things. Good luck with your vehicle and if you need any help I'd be glad to answer some questions for you.

well you learn something new every day. it seems like you guys up north have all the other orgs to compete in. and we have usaci down here where im at. and i never doubted your achievments, my point in my post was that although there are a few, yourself, myself, marlo, we have done numbers that could be verified, all the others talking shit to the op, they haven't done a system that can do those type of numbers. so he did it with only 2 aq amps at such a low freq, it can and has been done. i agree he needs to have proof, also get it on a t/l to shut everyone up who doubts him.

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

well said. good luck with your endeavors

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

anything over 150 no matter what equipment you have is respectable. not many people can do over 150 on music.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

Lol, up North??? Since when is North Carolina up North? I'm just giving you a hard time man :)

Over the years I've just learned to take what people say they've done with a grain of salt. That means competitors too. Some will claim a number and then come to an event and never come close to the number they said that they can do. It's happend to me too. At NSPL finals to be exact. We had metered my car at a 153.1 in testing a week before finals and then when I ran there I couldn't manage over a 152.6 :( There are a lot of variables, but I honestly stopped listening to what people said cause a lot of the time I found out they were hyping it up a bit. I'm not saying that about anyone in particular so please don't think that. I just like to see it being official even if it's only a single point event. That's why the scores that are in my sig are all from World Record runs in NSPL instead of what I've done at home in the driveway.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Archived