One Of My Competition Achievements You Can Wear

Today I went to a NSPL show here in North Carolina in the pouring rain. Not only did I take first in my spl class and bassrace, but I also got a nice gift from Fred Wright Jr. Fred is the founder, owner, and president of the National Sound Pressure League aka NSPL. NSPL is an organization that has been around since the mid 1990's and is expanding quite a bit as of late. Some of the states that participate in NSPL are North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Michigan, Maryland, Deleware, Florida, and the country of Brazil.

Anyway after the show today I was told by Fred that he had a surprise for me. I was excited to see what it was and asked about it. He said it was more of a personal surprise and I had no idea what the hell it was going to be.

Then he handed me this:

DSC01381.jpg

But it's on the back that counts!

DSC01383.jpg

Would you like a close up???

DSC01385.jpg

Not close enough???

DSC01386.jpg

Hmmm, is this better???

DSC01389.jpg

These are the current and loudest ever NSPL Hardcore World Record holders. And look there's your boy Team High X-Cursion Zach right there on the list :D You may notice some of the names on there to be some true titans in the SPL community. I'm honored to share company with these men and hope that I achieve some of the status and success as the greats to be on the list. In case some of you don't know what the Hardcore portion of NSPL is, it's when the Term Lab sensor is placed on the kick pannel of the car with the car able to be vented while trying to achieve the highest spl possible. NSPL also does Db Drag style metering on the passenger side dash sealed as well as Streetbass, which is very similar to Bassrace.

It is truly a great organization that recognizes the achievements of it's members/competitors. If any of you are in the states listed or close to them I suggest that you come out and give NSPL a try. There's everything from beginer classes to heavily modifed classes as well as Streetbass and the SPL Eliminator. If you have any questions about shows and the organization check them out at nsplcompetition.com

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

That is freakin' awesome.

You should frame that shirt!!! I would! Congrats!

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

u lucky sob get 2 shirts made... 1 you can wear at events and another to frame..

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!

I can't wait to get the car back into the lanes for this new season with the spl setup again. Yesterday's show I used the daily/bassrace box, so that record that's on the shirt will be broken in about a month :D

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Does Terry Brocks have a red CRX, team maxxsonics?

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang

Damn Zach 155.2 hardcore! That is freaking awesome man. I am still trying to get that 150 sealed man. I only need 4 tenths now man. I want to do this before I upgrade to a SAZ3500D. I know I will have no problem then. It would be awesome to get 155+ in the Kia. I hope that the Kia can take that kind of pressure. lol. Congrats are definitely in order man.

TeamSundown-3.jpg