2006 Dodge Magnum Build 4 15's

What was the thought process on putting those mids in the cargo area with the subs? Just wondering why you guys decided to do that when nobody's gonna be sitting back there.

As far as the voltage on the stinger guage....I installed the guage not realizing there was an adjustable dial to tune the giage to the actual voltage on batteries....(fixed now)

Lights......i too think the lights are way over the top....it is a varad kit....the kit does not have to blink....i did that just for video....(AND THE CAR IS A SHOW CAR)(NOT DAILY DRIVER) so it is supposed to be flashy....

speakers in rear.....there are factory speaker locations there....instead of hidden 6x9's we put 4" co-axials to match dash...and people will always be at the back of the car at shows .....hence the speakers.....

and yes...you are right... not everyone can build a PROPER SPL BOX...

BUT LETS BE REAL....if i had just posted pics of this car with a non-covered tuned spl enclosure with rounded edges and 2 Giant made in some guys garage subwoofers with a ton of batteries and wire through the door jam that made the windshield flex....some of you guys would be like :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I love this forum already....

the body :clapping: kit and exterior presence is very nice, the interior isn't my taste but I am not hating, I am sure it is a show stopper for sure.

I think the only criticism I will give, which will be constructive, is the grills cheapen it up, the woofer enclosure paint scheme does not flow with the rest of it, the enclosure takes up the second row which makes it a very long 2 seater, plus it is just a box, if you could of used some curves it would be really over the top... but hey I wasn't born with the knowledge that I have and made a lot of messes and bad installs... but walked away learning from each. I wish I had the internet back then to get as much feedback as possible

So keep plugging away at installs, you will only get better and better. :clapping:

I love HATERS...somebody has to watch the owners of the cars I build get trophies. But in all seriousness...check out our shop myspace for build pics and get a better idea of what is in the car. The lights were added 2 days ago...its just something to say come look at my car when it is at a show. This car never drops below 13.8 volts with it bangin....there is alot of time in this car. And lets be honest...everybody can build a SPL style box.....but can everyone build a fiberglass box that holds 4 15's and not crack. Anyway ....I love opinions good or bad....helps me grow as a installer.. I also built a car that was on the cover of truckin magazine last March and the cover of 8-lug magazine last month....I get as many haters as I do lovers on that one too....

Not everyone can build a proper SPL box that can actually put up some real numbers... I'd like to see u go out and compete with some of the big boys even in our Street classes and try to build an enclosure that can rival their numbers. Seems as though not a ton of attention was paid to the electrical system, seeing as low as 10.6v in your vid. Yet you say it never dips below 13.8v when it's playing, so where did the 10.6v come from??

You guys do very nice glass work from the vid and I will give you props for that. But don't act as if you're the only person out there that do a legit fiberglass box, because anyone with sum real glassing experience can do the same also. If you have the ability to do glasswork and your enclosures crack after they're finished up, then maybe that person should go another route with his installs.

The vehicle itself it extremely sexy I will say that. I love the body kit, rims, HIDs and the stance. But it was truly ruined IMO with the addition of 4 lambo doors, a tacky interior, and with lights so many colors that the Toucan Sam would be jealous. I do understand that it is a show car and I respect that it was built for that purpose so I'll stop here.

You guys did sum very nice work on the car as a whole and I give respect where it's given. Obviously a ton of time, talent, and effort went into this build and I just hope that the owner is happy with the results.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

That car does scream look at me...if thats what you're going for, then I say you've accomplished that. That being said most shows I've been to the cars with lambo doors and neons ans what not are NOT the ones winning trophy's. Hell the last show I went to a magnum took home a trophy, but it didnt have all the gimmicky add-ons like lambos and neons.

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

I do appreciate the work that went into it, and I applaud you guys for a clean install. I like the install, it's everything else that takes away from the car, imo.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

I can't believe any of us here would really crap on this install and i fully understand what the OP is saying. I see so much BS installs here that the only thing missing is the bloody coat hanger evidence.

the vehicle is complete front to back, outside to inside without any raw MDF showing, a rats nest of wires, and a dirty interior on a rusted out POS...

sure everyone of us here will approach the install differently if we were to do it on our own, but you were not invited to the build party...the design party... just the after-build celebration party

I think the work is pretty good as I stated earlier (jbx is here)

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

did you say a 127 with 4 15s?

ummmmm.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I think there are a lot of people on this forum that are stuck on numbers. Which isn't a bad thing. I'm just saying that it doesn't take a lot to do big numbers where most of the time is spent on the box part of the build. I feel like more time was focused on the car as a whole in this build. I can see how it doesn't appeal to some peoples taste but i personally like the doors/paint/rims and even the neon lights if they didn't flash lol.

Great build man and impressive numbers for L5's. Could we a different vid maybe with more lighting to see the car a little better in the back?

i think i just gave myself a concussion i facepalmed so hard.

and for the 1's that dont like me.....

well, Im still here fuckers. Cant get rid of me that easy.

car looks very clean, and your skills appear to be very decent with all the cosmetics.

But I truly believe something has gone really wrong when you hit a 127 with 4 15's. just my opinion, liking the a-pillars though

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

Archived