1999 Crown Victoria P71 Police Interceptor Build

First off I'll give you a little run-down of myself since I'm new here. My name is Forrest, I'm 17. This year is my final year of high school. I work at my family's used car-dealership in Rochester Minnesota called "Boardwalk Auto" Over the past year or so I decided that being around cars and trucks all day was what I wanted to do for the rest of my life whether it was selling them, fixing them, or detailing them. I love every part of it. When I was about 3/4 of the way through my junior year, I decided to leave public school and join online school so I could work full-time. I've owned over 10 vehicles myself since February this year.

I'll tell you how I started out living the dream, it started with my love for motocross. I saved up $700 over about two years to be able to buy my dad's friend's little Thumpstar pit bike. I rode that and traded it for a YZ125, traded that for a newer CRF150, and sold that for about $1300. My birthday was coming up and I wanted another bike. My dad gave me $700 for my birthday to buy a 2006 CRF250R. Then, after 2 months, it blew up on me. So, with minimal mechanical knowledge, I ripped the whole motor apart over the summer by myself and had that bike down to nothing but the frame. I was able to fix it after dumping a considerable amount of cash into it, and sold it that February for a loss to buy my first truck :) A 1998 Chevrolet S10 reg cab, 4cyl, automatic with custom rust. I sold that and bought a 1998 2-door Blazer. Sold that and bought a 1998 Buick Riviera Supercharged. Sold that and bought a 1997 Ford Explorer and a 1998 4-door Blazer. Sold both of those and bought a 1996 Pontiac Grand Am 5-spd and a 1999 Dodge Durango. Sold the grand am and bought a 2000 Honda Accord EXL-V6 Coupe. Sold the Durango and bought a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT with every option and just bought this: Thanks for reading by the way haha I know it was long.

Last week I bought a 1999 Crown Vic P71 from a dealer in Windom, MN for $350. It had some extreme piston slap(pretty much sounded like an AK). My buddy Jace and I went to go get it and that cost about $150 in gas in his Expedition to pick the thing up. It was a 6 hour round-trip drive from my hometown of Rochester, Minnesota. So I have right now about $500 into my winter project.

I started tearing the motor out yesterday (11-22-09), and have reached the point where I'm about 85% ready to pull the motor. I just have to un-bolt the transmission and she will be ready for the new motor. Jace and I worked on it for about 5 hours yesterday.

I will be updating with pictures, pretty much step-by-step of my progress. (I took them all on my phone and have to find my USB cable for it to upload them onto here)

Let me know, thanks.

2003 Ford Crown Victoria P71

2 12" Kicker CVX's

Audiopipe AP15001d

Stinger SR80 Isolator with DieHard 1200CCA battery

Streetwires 0awg

Secondary - 1998 Ford Expedition XLT

Good luck with the Vic, hope you get it all put back together, and running like new! The comment about the " custom rust " had me on the floor.....funny stuff!

"loud 'cause its clipped like a 7yr olds buzz cut" -Decaf

"unfortunately i'm still tuned high as Giraffe pussy" -Twistedchild420

Good luck with the Vic, hope you get it all put back together, and running like new! The comment about the " custom rust " had me on the floor.....funny stuff!

Haha thanks man. If you ever come across one of these cheap enough I say buy one if you're up for a project! The motors are incredibly easy to work on with basic hand-tools!

I'm planning on going with a flat-black paint job also.

2 12" Kicker CVX's

Audiopipe AP15001d

Streetwires 0awg

LOL. Me too.

What engine is going in? What's your expected HP and Torque?

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

I was contemplating a 5.4 swap, but since those motors are out of my budget, I'm just going to swap in another 4.6l PI motor. I'm putting a K&N air filter in it and I'm also going to get some quotes to find out how much it will be to port and polish the heads, and when I do, I should be sitting right around 300hp to the wheels. Plus the possible 75 wet shot of nitrous I will be adding, and 4:10 gears, it should be a fun ride :)

2 12" Kicker CVX's

Audiopipe AP15001d

Streetwires 0awg

I was contemplating a 5.4 swap, but since those motors are out of my budget, I'm just going to swap in another 4.6l PI motor. I'm putting a K&N air filter in it and I'm also going to get some quotes to find out how much it will be to port and polish the heads, and when I do, I should be sitting right around 300hp to the wheels. Plus the possible 75 wet shot of nitrous I will be adding, and 4:10 gears, it should be a fun ride :)

You could go to the local junk yards and try to find an early 90's Chevy 350 small block. They are relatively cheap (though hard to find), and put out loads of power for a little money in parts. They are very easy to work with and I've seen one on a 100 shot of nitrous.

I've got one in my Chevy pickup. Trust me when I tell you that, with the right tires and 4:10 gears, you'll pull a f***ing wheel-stand.

15.4" widescreen

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

You could go to the local junk yards and try to find an early 90's Chevy 350 small block. They are relatively cheap (though hard to find), and put out loads of power for a little money in parts. They are very easy to work with and I've seen one on a 100 shot of nitrous.

I've got one in my Chevy pickup. Trust me when I tell you that, with the right tires and 4:10 gears, you'll pull a f***ing wheel-stand.

Hehe dude I know all about Chevy 350's. They are damn near in my blood. I hate myself for owning a Ford sometimes, but I know if I went with a Chevy 350, I'd have to do everything to the thing because there are endless possibilities with that motor :) And the whole reason I bought the P71 was to keep it authentic, otherwise I would. Maybe for a different project :) Another one of my dreams was to take a 1998+ S10 and drop a 5.3 Vortec in it with a T56 trans.. Ooooh... Someday :)

2 12" Kicker CVX's

Audiopipe AP15001d

Streetwires 0awg

Hehe dude I know all about Chevy 350's. They are damn near in my blood. I hate myself for owning a Ford sometimes, but I know if I went with a Chevy 350, I'd have to do everything to the thing because there are endless possibilities with that motor :) And the whole reason I bought the P71 was to keep it authentic, otherwise I would. Maybe for a different project :) Another one of my dreams was to take a 1998+ S10 and drop a 5.3 Vortec in it with a T56 trans.. Ooooh... Someday :)

Yeah, I know. I love mine. I love working on it.

Good idea keeping it authentic. you plan on taking it to a car show?

And the 98+ S10 with the 5.3 Vortec..... :spiteful:

15.4" widescreen

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

Yeah, I know. I love mine. I love working on it.

Good idea keeping it authentic. you plan on taking it to a car show?

And the 98+ S10 with the 5.3 Vortec..... :spiteful:

Nah. It's just gonna be my f-around car. It would be neat, but it wouldn't be much to look at at a show in my opinion. I'm just gonna cheap-paint it myself if I do decide to paint it, nothing too fancy.

2 12" Kicker CVX's

Audiopipe AP15001d

Streetwires 0awg

should be interesting. i lub me a vic. im on my 4th one. they are cheap and have potential..

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

Archived