DC Sound Lab

box build 2 lev 5 18"

Yep this is my first time posting here I am waiting for my lev 5 18” to arrive here in Ohio I have drawn up some plans for the box to put them in. they will be going into my ford van I have two HO/alts, four batteries, I have a few different amps but none that I want to keep for these subs so I will be getting new amps. I am going to wait till the first of the year for those and use my old amps until then. I am thinking about 3000.1s for each sub and then adding 2 more 5s in the springtime. My box plans are for 8 cubes each sub slot ports 38 HZs this will be my first ported box design. I will send pics when I get started and will take any advice offered with much appreciation

mobile chornobyl

Yep this is my first time posting here I am waiting for my lev 5 18” to arrive here in Ohio I have drawn up some plans for the box to put them in. they will be going into my ford van I have two HO/alts, four batteries, I have a few different amps but none that I want to keep for these subs so I will be getting new amps. I am going to wait till the first of the year for those and use my old amps until then. I am thinking about 3000.1s for each sub and then adding 2 more 5s in the springtime. My box plans are for 8 cubes each sub slot ports 38 HZs this will be my first ported box design. I will send pics when I get started and will take any advice offered with much appreciation

8 cubes is pretty large in my eyes, and 38hrz might be a little higher than you'll like for daily driving.

i'd do more of like 6 cubes each at 35hrz. im sure others will have input too

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

8 cubes is pretty large in my eyes, and 38hrz might be a little higher than you'll like for daily driving.

i'd do more of like 6 cubes each at 35hrz. im sure others will have input too

X2 6-6.5 cubes at around 35 hz. Thats a lot of power for that big of a box. I have heard those dc 18's before you wont be disappointed

steven.jpg

thats alot less power too

agreed i say 6-7 cubes and around 33-35Hz

Thanks everyone advice taken its easy enough to change my plans now before I start building. 1” thick birch box volume 6.3834 @35 hz gives me a slot 4” wide by 22 high by 25.40 long that will change some once I figure in bracing

mobile chornobyl

Thanks everyone advice taken its easy enough to change my plans now before I start building. 1” thick birch box volume 6.3834 @35 hz gives me a slot 4” wide by 22 high by 25.40 long that will change some once I figure in bracing

nice! those specs look a little bit better. you'll be a hair under 6 after displacements, so keep that in mind. might want to make it just a little bit larger to accommodate the bracing and such.

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel