Betsy Gets Bass Finally

i got ansy... so im installin this somewhat temporarily for now before it gets too cold, not hidin wires or goin overboard fancy

i didnt have to buy anything besides a dash kit, this has all been sitting in my closet

jvc shx8500 (35w rms x 4, 24bit burr brown, 5v, stealthy)

aq2200d @ 1ohm (gain set for ~600w)

2 12" re sx

4.15cuft@30hz w/55sqin port

knukonceptz wiring

stock speakers for now(sound surprisingly good off headunit, i dont think theyve ever been turned up, got the car from elderly couple)

no deadnin likely ever... (unless i win some in a contest/raffle)... ill have plenty of "trunk bang"

powerbass s-series when i get money (they sound good on ~35-40w)

likely deka/odyssey batts (chime in if u have any grp34 or bigger batts for sale!! i really need one, cheap, lol!!)

im going to be removing the back seat and cutting out the plastic behind the rear armrest so i can have my baby car seat still and when shes not there i can fold the armrest down

then i gotta get in the trunk and dremel out a matching cutout of the armrest in the metal... maybe ill do 4th order down the road, until then this is as good as it gets

im unsure if i want to spend the money on alt and batts because this car is kinda temporary so im going to baby the gain

stock alt is 120a... leaves me with ~48a... thus ill just leave the gain set for 600watts (44a*13.8v=607w)

likely each sub will see 200w at most after efficiency and rise... it will hold me over til i figure out what i want to do with my car situation

basically, ill turn the gain up til the lights start to dim, then back down a little, :censored: :clapping: lulz

heres a new little amp mounting board i made, threw the old one away because it was 1/2, this is 3/4 with rubber washers

theres about an 1/4 rise from nuts under the amp to give it more airflow under it

christmas230-1.jpg

ill get a few more pics today (camera is charging)

and yes i could rewire the subs to 3.6ohms (2 dual 4ohm re sx's) instead of .8ohm like it is, but i really dont care enuf to unscrew the subs, id rather just baby the gain and have some bass

box build pics*

ReAudioSE045.jpg

u can see i spilled a chit ton of glue on the box(upside down)... so long story short while cleanin it up it just kept spreading, so i just covered the outside with it... yeah i know :wacko:

ReAudioSE056.jpg

ReAudioSE065.jpg

(4) tnuts, (4) 1 1/4" drywall screws per sub

ReAudioSE067.jpg

ReAudioSE079.jpg

4 twisted runs of 10g for each sub, meets at terminal to 4 twisted runs of 8g to amp... hella overkill

ReAudioSE081.jpg

ReAudioSE082.jpg

.7 to .8ohm dcr

ReAudioSE085.jpg

ReAudioSE0842.jpg

ReAudioSE084.jpg

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

I really like the twisted speaker wire. lookin good

My 93 chevy truck Orion HCCA 15's Build

6K HID's

2 orion HCCA 15.4

2 AP30001D's

2 optima yellowtops, 2 C&D 270fr's, all 3 tsunami 1/0, CS144 190 amp

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p300-1

Kole KX1 5500D -broken

Damn Decaf what happend to you getting a ZX3?

Looks like you'll still have some decent beat in the temporary car. Let's see some more pics!

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

its strands are twisted internally, the 2 runs of 8g are twistest together inside a pvc jacket, then i twisted the 4 runs of 8g, talk about overkill... that speaker wire is good up to 10k+

pics in sec, my car is dirty, but it will have tunez soon enuf... maybe wed night or thursday, i need someone to help me carry the box... its ~100lbs and im too small to do that myself

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Damn Decaf what happend to you getting a ZX3?

Looks like you'll still have some decent beat in the temporary car. Let's see some more pics!

x2!

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

im looking into a zx3 still, i had ~$1000 in repairs for the cadi so im gonna drive it til spring/summer and get my moneys worth

amp mount by itself, this might change to a little bigger if im gonna get a rear bat or just replace the one in front

christmas231-1.jpg

nut spacing for better airflow since its stuck in that trunk all by itself

christmas233-1.jpg

deck without faceplate... its an 05 headunit so i doubt it matters what it looks like

christmas234-1.jpg

powerbass 4x6s, used weather stripping to seal it off... theres no way to seal the way it mounts and there are very few options of speakers that would fit... i had to break plastic to get these to fit, and these are relatively small

so i ran weatherstripping around the 4x6 and the top part of the dash rests on top of it, sounds pretty good actually

christmas232-1.jpg

christmas235-1.jpg

christmas236-1.jpg

trunk

christmas238-1.jpg

this is where i have to dremel the metal cutout

christmas2392.jpg

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

I like how you put your nuts under your amp :) It's a good idea that I may just have to borrow from you. It didn't hurt did it?

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I like how you put your nuts under your amp :) It's a good idea that I may just have to borrow from you. It didn't hurt did it?

thanx... i think i might add 2 computer fans along the mosfets just because its only ~$5 and i can run them off the remote still

i think this is how it will be when u look thru the armrest hole, the 4x6 box is where a battery would be

christmas240-1.jpg

i might fire the subs/port back... its not like its gonna sound amazing either way, cadi FTL

im not even gonna bother shortening any wires... because likely everything will be taken out and put into another car

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

few more pics tongiht

amp mount finished basically

DSCF0040.jpg

besides using zip tie downs for the twisted speaker wire and remote wire and rcas, all will come together wed morn since i dont have to go thru the firewall, ill get that done quick

AQ+RE = dB's

DSCF0043.jpg

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived