Betsy Gets Bass Finally

over kill, yes it is... but i can keep reusing the wire and length really isnt an issue since both lengths are 5ft

805*4 (8g) = 3220 strands going from amp to box........ equivalent to 2g (~3600)

462*8 (10g) = 3696 strands going box to subs.......... equivalent to 2g (~3600)

to be honest it was on sale on ebay as the end of spools, so i snatched it up at the same price 10g+12g would have been

*edit i did my math wrong, lol... 2+ and 2- 10g per sub.... so i have 1/0 going in the amp and 2 going out... ahaha :clapping:

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Lookin good bro! I bet you can't wait till you get to play some of your music on your system! :8)

2 Infinity Reference 1252w 12s

4.2 cubic foot box tuned to 28hz

Sub amp: 1 Profile AP1200

Speaker amp: 1 Sony Xplod XM-504z

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

f05112e8-c6ca-4f78-9a8d-47be99303c8b_zps

Diamonds are forever, but 9's end that shit fast....

still have to sand the ground on strut tower

cut up the armrest/rear firewall

find a place for remote gain knob and stinger volt meter

i figure ill set the gain for 2200 and just keep the knob all the way down... once i get the volt meter after xmas then i will turn the knob up til my voltage drops to low 12ish and stop there... add in the clippin indicator on the amp, and its a pretty simple fool proof way to keep an eye on stock electrical

lets try this again, "maybe bumpn tomorrow"

(its snowing and 31 right now, so im being lazy and slow dragging)

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

still have to sand the ground on strut tower

cut up the armrest/rear firewall

find a place for remote gain knob and stinger volt meter

i figure ill set the gain for 2200 and just keep the knob all the way down... once i get the volt meter after xmas then i will turn the knob up til my voltage drops to low 12ish and stop there... add in the clippin indicator on the amp, and its a pretty simple fool proof way to keep an eye on stock electrical

lets try this again, "maybe bumpn tomorrow"

(its snowing and 31 right now, so im being lazy and slow dragging)

Can you get some pics of the ground? Been thinkn bout my ground location... Havent really went outside to figure it out. (were lucky to hit 30 degrees lately here to)

Rebuild in progress...

ludacris - well i was going to use the left strut tower bolt but its a pain the sand that with sand paper, so im kinda stuck on that too

i know the seat belt bolts go straight to the frame... but mines grimey from 20yrs of use so i dont know yet

ill get pics of all the progress before tonight... its not easy workin on ur car outside when its below 30

more minor things completed today so far:

ran remote gain wire

need to get velcro to mount gain knob because there is NO WHERE to put it within reach that wont ruin leather (im short so my reach isnt much)

cutout the metal behind the armrest and the metal where the storage area was

removed top of storage bin that was attatched to rear deck

id say theres 200sq of metal cutout and i think im going to seal around the the rear firewall forcing the air to go thru the holes i made and not seep thru seams and such that cadillac didnt weld

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived