Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
hell when i wanted a system my mom said lets go into the basement and find you some stuff..

she looked and looked

Nope ur not running 10's or 12's there for pussys

AHHH here the kove armageddon 15's

that should work...

amps...

umm well steal the amps from the navi the 1200's they put out 2400 last time we had them checked so they should work lol

then she went a bought me wood.. and glue.. and said GO AT IT.. if you need help call your brother he likes doin this stuff..

then she sat there and watched me build and gave me tips...

ur mom is teh shit.

This is very true. I live on my own but in a house my parents own, so I dont pay any rent just utilities. Its a pain in the ass trying to balance that kind of budget while you're in school full time and have to pay for everything. My dad thinks when I spend money on a system that its a waste of money, that I should be saving it and gets kinda shitty about it AND he even used to be an installer and has a system in everyone of his vehicles.. But my mom knows that its my money and I'm going to do what I want so she's okay with it. I even have some stuff shipped to her work (her boss is cool with it).

My parents dont understand, say i should save my money, etc, etc. And all i reply is, im making the payments on my vehicle, im payin for everything, I work 40+ hrs a week, and its not a waste when its something i can enjoy every day of the year for years. The last part is when they finally got it. They realized theres alot of stupid shit i could (and have) spend my money on that is not going to last all that long. My dad is a tight ass with his money. But i mean, he gets it, im saving up for a new stereo, hes savin up for a $15k shotgun. So we each have our own little hobbies, though i shoot too, i dont want a Kolar, im happy with my Borwning, my HK/FABARM, and my Beretta.

Its a little off topic but are you useing what you already have in another vehicle?

Do you know how loud the setup is?

Why are you wanting to add 2 more woofers and more power?

If you are running that setup and its not loud enough for you, Have you optimized all your components?

EX: Maybe you have your type Rs in a sealed box and the odds are you can double your output by changing to a ported box. LOL I wasn't expecting much but I went from a 136 to a 142 wich is alot more than doubling my output by going to a ported box.

At the end of the day if you live in their house and they are helping you pay for the vehicle you are kinda at their will.

I went from sealed to ported in my blazer and got alot more output. Got it up to a 139 somethin. But i didnt know what i was doin with designing boxes then. More time went by, more reaserch was done. did a new design, didnt get metered, but got louder and sounded better. Then did more research and built the last box. Went up to a 141.xx By optimizing your equipment you can gain quite a bit and all itll cost ya is a sheet or two of MDF

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Posted

I started 4 years ago, I bought my truck after working 2 summers to save for it, my parents got me my first drop kit & my grandfather got me my first roll pan. I payed for my first system, Pioneer 3800 HU, Kenwood 400/4 for mids/highs with polk 6.5" in the doors & kicker DS4x6" in the dash & a kenwood 320/4 pushing my 2 RF P1's at like 60 watts in a sealed box. It was so loud! (at the time). Saved up & got a visonik 400/1 monoblock, tore my tinsel leads & had to buy 2 p2 10's, then I got a RF 450.2 amp, ended up selling it all off & worked my ass off for the 12's, my amps, batteries, all of it. I payed for the next 2 drops, the front end conversion, 2nd roll pan, hood, lights, tonneau, the paint, the tires (wheels were grad. present) anyway, my point is I wanted a minitruck & my parents said "thats cool, your paying for it" & they were okay with audio until I started competing bc now im out of control. My dad did hook me up with my Pioneer 6900 HU I have now as an early B-day present bc i was in school & broke. If there was something I wanted I had to buy it though, I didnt get many handouts because my parents always told me I wouldnt appreciate the things I didnt pay for. Personally I think you need a reality check. I dont ask for anything on the holidays because I dont mind working & making it on my own. You need to work for something if you want it, thats life dude.

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang

Posted
anyone look at this kids website??

"Our Mission: To provide free tips, tricks for picking and installing your sound system, and suggesting great quality music to push your sound systems to their maximum potential."

i cant believe this kid is trying to give advice on installs.

I got a good LOL out of this too.. Tips and tricks for installing and he's gonna go out to buy a ported box for his next setup.

I started 4 years ago, I bought my truck after working 2 summers to save for it, my parents got me my first drop kit & my grandfather got me my first roll pan. I payed for my first system, Pioneer 3800 HU, Kenwood 400/4 for mids/highs with polk 6.5" in the doors & kicker DS4x6" in the dash & a kenwood 320/4 pushing my 2 RF P1's at like 60 watts in a sealed box. It was so loud! (at the time). Saved up & got a visonik 400/1 monoblock, tore my tinsel leads & had to buy 2 p2 10's, then I got a RF 450.2 amp, ended up selling it all off & worked my ass off for the 12's, my amps, batteries, all of it. I payed for the next 2 drops, the front end conversion, 2nd roll pan, hood, lights, tonneau, the paint, the tires (wheels were grad. present) anyway, my point is I wanted a minitruck & my parents said "thats cool, your paying for it" & they were okay with audio until I started competing bc now im out of control. My dad did hook me up with my Pioneer 6900 HU I have now as an early B-day present bc i was in school & broke.

If there was something I wanted I had to buy it though, I didnt get many handouts because my parents always told me I wouldnt appreciate the things I didnt pay for. Personally I think you need a reality check. I dont ask for anything on the holidays because I dont mind working & making it on my own. You need to work for something if you want it, thats life dude.

I was brought up in a very similar fashion, except that my parents just didn't have the money to buy things. So basically from the time I was like 13yrs old on, they told me that if there were things I "wanted", then I'd have to work for them. While I do believe that this is a very good way for bringing up children, you also need to look at it from the parents + his stand point. Parents 99.9% of the time want their children to have it better than they did and want to try to give them things that they couldn't when they were that age. Now from the OPs side - If your parents had the money and paid for things for you, you would take it also. If you say that you'd turn down a car, system, or whatever paid for then you're lying. I do think that the OP does need a reality check and eventually he will learn the hard way what "real life" is all about.

I do have one little thing to ask the OP - Do u really still make a christmas list?? You said u put subs on your xmas list in one of your posts and I really hope that it was some sort of joke. Literally I thought that only children 10yrs old and younger still did that shit. I bet u still sit on your local mall Santa's lap too.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Posted

Its not my website

http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL

2002 Chevy Blazer

Substage: Shhh, its a secret ;)

Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon

Amp:MTX 92001

Wire:1/0 Welding cable

Electrical:Stock

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

Posted
Im sorry man but I think your asking for a little too much. Since Im guessing you don't have a job, your parents paid for the car, insurance every month, and Im guessing gas. You have to appreciate what you have. Im not trying to rain on your parade, but you should just be satisfied with that. My advice, get a job, and work your way at it. Just appreciate the fact your parents invested their money into getting you a car, and a roof over your head. It may take you a while, but you'll get it. Its better to become independent now, then later. My advice tell them invest it in college or something more meaningful...

Just one piece of advice. DON'T WORK FOR FAMILY, EVER! Wanta know why? Have you ever tried to save for an Ipod while making 5.00/hour at 10 hours a week? That's how I got my first one.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Posted
Just one piece of advice. DON'T WORK FOR FAMILY, EVER! Wanta know why? Have you ever tried to save for an Ipod while making 5.00/hour at 10 hours a week? That's how I got my first one.

I worked at six flags when I was 16 when the minimum wage was 5.50, and I worked 35 hours a week that entire summer, and even after the taxes it usually came to a buck forty or something. So yes I know whats its like to work hard, get a sh*t ton of hours, or barely get none. Then catching the metro home, buying food, etc. But the point is you saved, it hopefully it made you thankful to own it. They say you appericate more things when you worked to get it, then your parents or someone else buying it.

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER

AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB

Sundown SAZ-3000D

2 Audio Q HDC3's

40' of 1/0 Gauge

2 Big Rear Batteries

A 38 HZ Box

KICK ASS!

Posted
I worked at six flags when I was 16 when the minimum wage was 5.50, and I worked 35 hours a week that entire summer, and even after the taxes it usually came to a buck forty or something. So yes I know whats its like to work hard, get a sh*t ton of hours, or barely get none. Then catching the metro home, buying food, etc. But the point is you saved, it hopefully it made you thankful to own it. They say you appericate more things when you worked to get it, then your parents or someone else buying it.

yeah. I took good care of that thing, too. To bad it fried itself 1 week after the warranty went out. :huh::angry: (It was a 30 GB video, got about 1 month after they went on sale, apparently the battery up and quitting was a common problem with the first 30GB videos released)

Anywya, back on topic. OP, find a job (not easy, I know) and save up. You'll thank yourself in the long run

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Posted

Change in title and first post?? Either a mod is messing with you or maybe you didn't like how this thread turned out.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4569 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...