Affordable 6" Lift on S10 Blazer?

wanted to do it to mine while i had it, but then one day i saw one drivin down the road and hated how it looked and said id lower it isntead. Ive always liked lowered trucks. But now i got a lancer.

I like lowered truck...but to lower a 4x4 is retarded...and I want to be able to have some fun with it :)

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Started looking some more and found this site....

http://4wheelonline.com/Products.aspx?Cate...roductID=152583

It's a 5" Trailmaster Kit...I read some review on the 2" lift system and people didn't recommend it but haven't heard anything bad about the 5" system.

If I go with that kit, Dick Cepek Mud Country tire, and Procomp 15" Alloys with a body lift I can do it for under $3,000....which isn't bad imo...

Any comments or suggestions?

My YouTube Videos

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

save your money and do a SAS its way less cost effective in the long run... if thats a daily driver stay on the road!

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

ditch the torsion front suspension and get a solid front axle out of a 96 cherokee, do some fab work and make your own suspension. My buddy did it with his 99 mid-size blazer and that eventually lead to him putting 1-ton axles front and rear and he swapped in a 6.0l V8 out of an 01 Chevy 2500HD. it's pretty sick sittin on 36s

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

ditch the torsion front suspension and get a solid front axle out of a 96 cherokee, do some fab work and make your own suspension. My buddy did it with his 99 mid-size blazer and that eventually lead to him putting 1-ton axles front and rear and he swapped in a 6.0l V8 out of an 01 Chevy 2500HD. it's pretty sick sittin on 36s
SAS= straight axle swap! ^^^very good advice though...

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

Sorry Burrito, just got excited cause my buddy's truck is beyond nasty, the local mud track used his truck in ads and what not so it's pretty sweet to be able to plug his work lol

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

I helped lift my friend 2wd with a pre-runner suspension...he dropped a shit ton of cash, but it turned out pretty nice. You're better off dropping the money on a good kit...afterall it IS what you're going to be riding on. The biggest difference I've seen with the cheap kits VS good kits is the fit and finish. If you think you're only capable of popping off bolts and putting in new ones then you have to buy a good kit. Lower end kits usually dont fit together 100% it takes some finagling to make them work. If you dont want to do that, then again, get a better kit.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Lol while the 6.0 and the sas sounds like fun...this isn't an all out trail vehicle....I want to lift it to give it more of a ballsy look with the occasional recreation....I don't beat on it like some of you guys...just have the occasional fun in the mud and on the trials in the woods.

My YouTube Videos

spend the money on a good kit or forget it.. its IFS and its not easy to lift or cheap if you plan on going high do a SAS

my buddy has one with shackles in the rear and torsion keys up frotn and the ride isent the best andanother budy of mine has an ealy body style jimmy with a suspension lift on it and he has major issues with alignment. not to mention the fast how fast you will go threw balljoint, tierod ends and wheel bearings

if you wanna be cheap about look into shakles for the rear ( or even spring over axel ) torsion keys upfront and a bbody lift!

Yeah but body lifts look ugly and I like suspension lifts better....my front and rear shocks are gonna need replacing by summer and I want to lift it before I waste my money on new Bilstein HD oem height replacements.

well, in that case... do a 3" susp. with a 2" torsion bar crank and 2 inch shackle lift

2003 Ford Crown Victoria P71

2 12" Kicker CVX's

Audiopipe AP15001d

Stinger SR80 Isolator with DieHard 1200CCA battery

Streetwires 0awg

Secondary - 1998 Ford Expedition XLT

Archived