DC Sound Lab

stupid fedex people

yea if i were you I would file a claim and get a brand new one. It's like buying a new house or anything for that matter you wouldn't want to buy a new car but let someone ride through mud or whatever b/c you never know what might break down the road. Might want to do it soon especially with the holidays coming up.

th_140x100square.jpg

i called fedex and filled a claim they said they would come pick up the sub and the box it came in and try to see what went wrong. so i guess thats good. i am planing to buy two more level 5s and probably two amps then two more amps all from DC so i hope no one thinks i said anything about prices because i did,nt. i have a couple of days off from work starting thursday i have two full sheets of birch a table saw and a router waiting in the garage i drew up plans that you guys sugested that will give me just over 6 cubes per sub. i figured out how to add a third HO/alt to my van this week so i am having a good time with this thanks again for the advice on the boxes i may post some pic thursday.

mobile chornobyl

FedEx fucking sucks, I know I work there. They have a thing called 50 by 10 which means they are trying to reduce the amout of claims by 50% by the 2010 fiscal year. If you scan and load a box that is either leaking something or has had something leaked on it or is open and you do nothing about it, you get written up and most likely fired. About 90% of the loaders at FedEx are complete jerk offs that have no idea on how to load a trailer or treat a package. If those subs weight atleast 75 lbs or more they are considered incompatables meaning they dont come down the chutes in to the trailers. They get picked off of a conveyer belt by some asshole that is to slow to load and is put on the belt, they will most likely let it fall to the ground from about 3 feet, it will then be loaded into a trailer by an even bigger asshole called the IC loader. Most of the dont know how to do their jobs right either. Now if they come down the chute they get loaded into the trailer by a regular loader who giving the destination will most likely fucking drop it and be a complete douche or toss it in the belly of the trailer. Anyways my point is fuck FedEx! I am actually a good loader and build correct walls and dont throw shit because I like having a job and I wouldnt want anything of mine completely destroyed by some asshole that I will never meet and not have the opportunity to beat the ass of. My sincerest apologies go out to you and your subs old dude.......thats a load off of my chest

and i dont mind her in the sack ahahah soo i might just play it off as nothing keep my dick wet but aint spending no mo money - tudski

My dc lvl3s came fedex too. The one box looked like somthing got punched throught the one side. Luckly the foam it was packed in protected it. I feel for ya man my heart sank when I saw it on mine. Good luck to ya.

They're called forklifts. And it happens quite often with Fedex. That's why I go UPS, even if it is more expensive.

I hope you filed a claim anyway. If it had a forklift hole in it, it's possible they dropped it half-a-dozen times. or more.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

FedEx fucking sucks, I know I work there. They have a thing called 50 by 10 which means they are trying to reduce the amout of claims by 50% by the 2010 fiscal year. If you scan and load a box that is either leaking something or has had something leaked on it or is open and you do nothing about it, you get written up and most likely fired. About 90% of the loaders at FedEx are complete jerk offs that have no idea on how to load a trailer or treat a package. If those subs weight atleast 75 lbs or more they are considered incompatables meaning they dont come down the chutes in to the trailers. They get picked off of a conveyer belt by some asshole that is to slow to load and is put on the belt, they will most likely let it fall to the ground from about 3 feet, it will then be loaded into a trailer by an even bigger asshole called the IC loader. Most of the dont know how to do their jobs right either. Now if they come down the chute they get loaded into the trailer by a regular loader who giving the destination will most likely fucking drop it and be a complete douche or toss it in the belly of the trailer. Anyways my point is fuck FedEx! I am actually a good loader and build correct walls and dont throw shit because I like having a job and I wouldnt want anything of mine completely destroyed by some asshole that I will never meet and not have the opportunity to beat the ass of. My sincerest apologies go out to you and your subs old dude.......thats a load off of my chest

i know know there are good loaders and pickers that like their jobs at fedex just like you. i called and went through the process of filling a claim they said they would pickup everything and evaluate how it was packed and then get with DC audio to work out a remedy. sounds like a pain in the ass for everyone just because of some cosmetic damage. it really dosnt appear that the motors shifted any. i did take pictures of the damage and the boxes. i should be good somebody higher up usualy looks out for me pretty good.

mobile chornobyl

They're called forklifts. And it happens quite often with Fedex. That's why I go UPS, even if it is more expensive.

I hope you filed a claim anyway. If it had a forklift hole in it, it's possible they dropped it half-a-dozen times. or more.

It could have been a forklift but I don't think it was I run one at work but that don't make me a pro but it wasn't that big or deep. The foam deff protected it, I inspected it very good. I was just a little worried when I first seen the hole.

I have to say UPS lost half of my liftkit for my Toyota. They delivered a open box to my door and left. A signiture was not required, I had to open a claim with them. So I guess they all have horror storys about them.

It could have been a forklift but I don't think it was I run one at work but that don't make me a pro but it wasn't that big or deep. The foam deff protected it, I inspected it very good. I was just a little worried when I first seen the hole.

I have to say UPS lost half of my liftkit for my Toyota. They delivered a open box to my door and left. A signiture was not required, I had to open a claim with them. So I guess they all have horror storys about them.

They could have just tapped it. I've seen a few forklift holes at my current job. If they just barely tapped it, it would be shallow. It could have also been kicked really hard.

My UPS has never given me any problems. sometimes I've even received my packages 1 day before scheduled delivery! :huh::o

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Usually when you file a claim, they will hold on to the item for a few months while the claim is investigated.

And if you didnt take pics right away and have the delivery driver take the item back right away, then there is an extremely small chance the claim will go in your favor.

So pretty much since you already took possession, just hang on to it, otherwise you will be out of a sub for a few months and nothing will come of it.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion