Second Skin Audio

dowel rods or althread??

You will not regret going with allthread!!

who knows maybe ill do a lil of both. i know ill have to do one dowel rod because of the port but thats no biggie. well its bout 1 30 am here so i betta get my ass to bed so i can get up in the mornin and head to menards!! ill keep you guys posted and take some pics of what ill get. o and some of the box.

I don't use either, guess I'm old school. I've always braced with MDF, done properly you will have little to no flex. I've see a lot of builds on here that didn't need half the bracing that was used. If you are doing 4 woofers on a single flat surface you will need 1.5" mdf on that side, a couple strategically placed braces and you will be more than fine. If you are going with a packman style face on the box the design alone makes it less likely to flex and a few MDF braces are going to make it rock solid. Easiest way to look at it is the larger the mounting surface the woofer are on the more bracing you will need.

You can also design the port so that it acts like a brace to cut down flex.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

allthread will of corse be stronger. but dowels can be just as effective IMO. their only weakness is how they hold onto the box. ive had one break the glue holding it to the wall. if you get a screw on each end along with the glue, maybe even some fiberglass, i dont see any reason why it wouldnt be as effective as allthread.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

With a planned enclosure of that size then I'd definitely suggest all thread without question.. Plus I'd suggest double up on each wall and triple baffle. As long as u account for the bracing when designing the enclosure then, just like in the electrical department there is not such thing as overkill.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

allthread is by far the best choice for strength. but if you want seemless looks, go with the dowel rods. just make sure you secure the rod like skittles said. 2x4's work but the take up more internal space then the other choices. as for double and triple layering the box, it is not needed unless your building 50000 watt monster. just build you box solid and brace it well, you will have no flex. and yes i can speak from experience.

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png

use 1/2" thread rod, and never have flex problems

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags