would this wire be "SAFE" to run?

I need to run a single run of power (+) from the back of each of my 270amp alt's, to my rear buss bars. I have a VERY STRICK budget, and this KNU KLMX wire is only 1.75 per foot, however KNU's website rates the wire @ 250a loads, and my alts do atleast 270a's, would this wire ( http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KLMX0R ) not be safe to use? I mean, I dont think I would ever pull more then 500+Amps from the alts, but ya never know. What are your thoughts on this matter......Thank you

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Im pulling 475a(full tilt) thru 4ft and the wire gets pretty warm. 300amps over 17ish feet the insulation is fine but the wire itself looks as if its burnt. Thats my experience with the klmx wire.

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.

Im pulling 475a(full tilt) thru 4ft and the wire gets pretty warm. 300amps over 17ish feet the insulation is fine but the wire itself looks as if its burnt. Thats my experience with the klmx wire.

hmmm, each 1 of those runs i'll be doing will be 12ft, soooooo....... i appreciate your feedback bro. is this klmx wire decent or should i look away from it?

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Im pretty impressed with it for the money...ive got about 75+ feet of it in my jimmy. Pretty damn flexible when warm, but as soon as the temp drops below...say 50 degrees its stiff as hell. You should be fine running that to your bussbars, just make sure its fused! But for 1.75 its nice stuff.

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

The knu flex is worth the money to me- having used both products I really really prefer the copper.

* Maybe do 3 runs of CCA if you're pretty set on it, it's just much harder to work with- and I completely agree it's really stiff.

I never had problems working with it as long as i warmed it up before i ran it. especially on the colder days.

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

Being in Montana it's cold here all the time! So I like to lay my wire in front of a heat dish to let that sh/t warm up and get flexable again before I run it. Just a quick tip from the northwest!

The Shoe Maker without shoes!

northern michigan here, so i do the same thing. and ofcourse i always procrastinate til its cold out. Gotta run power wire in my girls car tomorrow and its 30ish degrees during the day here.

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

Archived