DC Sound Lab

Good Box for a level 4?

Well... I'm not doing another box, I need a 15" sub that'll take 1300rms in 4^3 ft at 35 hz and sound good and loud as hell. I was thinking about one the Z15s from Sundown, but site says like 3.25^3 ft max... $200 shipped is a kick ass deal

Edited by Playa Named Joe

3.5 with 50 si of port tuned to 34... is what rusty told me :)

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

I had one in a hybrid t-line that performed amazingly. I think it was like 11 cubes? Tuned to like 32ishhz.

Edited by younggun69

Dale - 'When life hands you lemons--make lemonade, THEN find someone whose life has handed them vodka and have one heck of a party....lol'

Why not change the tuning on your current box? What kind of port do you have, round or square?

To lower the tuning of an enclosure of a given volume, you would need to add length (air mass) to the port. The design and shape of your current port will determine whether this is even practical, but extending the port is a viable option if you don't want to rebuild the whole box right now.

Why not change the tuning on your current box? What kind of port do you have, round or square?

To lower the tuning of an enclosure of a given volume, you would need to add length (air mass) to the port. The design and shape of your current port will determine whether this is even practical, but extending the port is a viable option if you don't want to rebuild the whole box right now.

I'm not sure if I could extend the port, it would be a pain. The top is glues and screwed down really good. How could I go about changing the tuning? Would lowering the tuning like 5-3 hz really make a huge diffence, worth the effort? The box is 30 inches deep with the port being 5 inches wide and 17 inches long and 10.5 tall. Box is 30 x 30 x 12 with 3/4 wood.