December 13th US Audio NSPL Show

Chode69

I wonder what class I would be in.

Some people consider my HHR a wagon car, some say its a small SUV.

So would I be in a Car class, SUV class, or No-Wall?

And with over 20Kw (maybe over 40kw) And 6) 12s and many many batts. What does that put me in?

Whatever class it is, I wont be avle to come out an play until the car is done and possibly in NSPL record level.

Your vehicle is classified in NSPL as a truck/suv. Or I'm assuming that it would be since a Scion XB is a vehicle that I've seen them put in the truck/suv class. The HHR is more of a truck or suv than a Scion XB is.

I would say for complete clarification you would need to email or pm Fred Wright Jr. the president of NSPL. You can pm him on Termpro, his screen name is NSPL175 or something very close to that.

I honestly believe that you would be in truck/suv or even no wall.

There are limitations to the truck/suv class to begin with and there is no way 20K + watts is even possible off of a maximum of 3 runs of 0 guage wire and a maximum of 3 batteries in the rear of the vehicle along with the one under the hood.

There's also one other thing holding you back from a class like the truck/suv or even the car class and that would be cause you are considered a pro. By NSPL's deffinition of a pro is someone who works as an installer or is employed by a company in the mobile electronics industry. This rule kinda stinks but I see why it is in play. It's there to keep your every day guy that doesn't get super big deals competing against guys like himself instead of people who work in the industry and get stuff for either free or at most cost.

I do hope you come and play with us in NSPL Ed. We need competitors like you and the whole bunch of guys up in the Maryland and Pennsylvania area.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Your vehicle is classified in NSPL as a truck/suv. Or I'm assuming that it would be since a Scion XB is a vehicle that I've seen them put in the truck/suv class. The HHR is more of a truck or suv than a Scion XB is.

I would say for complete clarification you would need to email or pm Fred Wright Jr. the president of NSPL. You can pm him on Termpro, his screen name is NSPL175 or something very close to that.

I honestly believe that you would be in truck/suv or even no wall.

There are limitations to the truck/suv class to begin with and there is no way 20K + watts is even possible off of a maximum of 3 runs of 0 guage wire and a maximum of 3 batteries in the rear of the vehicle along with the one under the hood.

There's also one other thing holding you back from a class like the truck/suv or even the car class and that would be cause you are considered a pro. By NSPL's deffinition of a pro is someone who works as an installer or is employed by a company in the mobile electronics industry. This rule kinda stinks but I see why it is in play. It's there to keep your every day guy that doesn't get super big deals competing against guys like himself instead of people who work in the industry and get stuff for either free or at most cost.

I do hope you come and play with us in NSPL Ed. We need competitors like you and the whole bunch of guys up in the Maryland and Pennsylvania area.

I wouldnt mind being a Pro.

HHRs dont have front batteries but I will have at least 20 batts anyway.

I am the kind of guy that will go into whatever class the judge says my car fits into with no complaints.

I plan on doing any NSPL show withing a decent driving distance this season, starting after my spring time debut of the new build.

Terry Brocks has been trying to get me to do NSPL for years and now I have the chance.

It will be fun to hang out with more of my friends.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

I wouldnt mind being a Pro.

HHRs dont have front batteries but I will have at least 20 batts anyway.

I am the kind of guy that will go into whatever class the judge says my car fits into with no complaints.

I plan on doing any NSPL show withing a decent driving distance this season, starting after my spring time debut of the new build.

Terry Brocks has been trying to get me to do NSPL for years and now I have the chance.

It will be fun to hang out with more of my friends.

If your getting ready for a rebuild why not just build the vehicle to be legal for the NSPL class you prefer to run? It's much easier that way and I was like you when I first competed in NSPL. Then after about 6 months I did a rebuild and decided to get serious about competing there. I'm pretty sure that in no wall for NSPL the box only has to be 12" from the roof. At least that's how it is in the Car and Truck/Suv classes to be considered not a wall. I'd talk to Fred if I were you about what classes and rules you need to know before hand.

It will be nice to see you in the lanes Ed. I hope you can make NSPL world finals this year cause it should be a great time just like it was the past year. Good luck with the build and any questions that you have I'll attempt to answer if I know the answer. :friends:

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

If your getting ready for a rebuild why not just build the vehicle to be legal for the NSPL class you prefer to run? It's much easier that way and I was like you when I first competed in NSPL. Then after about 6 months I did a rebuild and decided to get serious about competing there. I'm pretty sure that in no wall for NSPL the box only has to be 12" from the roof. At least that's how it is in the Car and Truck/Suv classes to be considered not a wall. I'd talk to Fred if I were you about what classes and rules you need to know before hand.

It will be nice to see you in the lanes Ed. I hope you can make NSPL world finals this year cause it should be a great time just like it was the past year. Good luck with the build and any questions that you have I'll attempt to answer if I know the answer. :friends:

Thank you,

The rebuild started months ago, but I am not building to fit any particular rules. I am concentrating more on my performance goals. and wherever it fits, thats fine.

I will talk to Fred and see where I might fit best.

Its all about fun and everyone tells me NSPL is nothing but fun.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

this show is this sunday...lets get it poppin!!!

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

im really gonna try and make this. I wanna check out NSPL and see how I would fair with my new build and what class i would be in.

VbjgkeI.jpg

F6CNB9e.jpg
Team Sundown Audio / Team XS Power / Team SHOK

SMD Super Buyer/Seller

www.sundownaudio.com

www.shokindustries.com

www.4xspower.com

www.excessiveamperage.com

hhhhhmmmmm wonder if the little metro is going lol maybee, maybee not who knows 1 woofer 157dbs 16,000 watts lol

Lost prophets carclub

DD for life

Visit my youtube My link

hhhhhmmmmm wonder if the little metro is going lol maybee, maybee not who knows 1 woofer 157dbs 16,000 watts lol

Sounds interesting. Care to elaborate on the setup some. If I had to guess I'd say it's a no wall vehicle if it can make 16K watts, and more than likely the setup isn't in the hatch of the car either. I'd be willing to bet that the sub is where the back seat should be am I right? I just don't see a metro getting that loud with the setup all in the hatch cause there isn't a whole lot of room.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Sounds interesting. Care to elaborate on the setup some. If I had to guess I'd say it's a no wall vehicle if it can make 16K watts, and more than likely the setup isn't in the hatch of the car either. I'd be willing to bet that the sub is where the back seat should be am I right? I just don't see a metro getting that loud with the setup all in the hatch cause there isn't a whole lot of room.

she has been clamp at 16,000+ i was thare when we did it and the 57 is not many tenths away

Lost prophets carclub

DD for life

Visit my youtube My link

Archived