Second Skin Audio

8th Wave T-Line DD 3512

IH8PunkRok

interesting. wheres forever when you need him?

why does my little sub sound like ass in an 8th wave?

well lemme rephrase that, sounds like ass in comparison to the quarter wave.

what speaker are you talking about?

Tline's are only really picky with the common SD x's quarter wave technique

If the subs Qts is to high, more than likely you have to taper the line, or do a folded horn

1/4 wave will be more powerful than the 8th wave, and a half wave would be more powerful than a 1/4 wave

Thats what I heard anyways, to do a half wave box would have gains over the 1/4 wave, and a full wave box will be peaked out, but I never messed with anything over a 1/4 wave

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

its the little tang band 5.25 on parts express.

im really tempted to try a full wave. its kinda expensive tho..

that and i have no room

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

if you try a full wave, let me know how it works.. haha

maybe that sub just ist suited for a tline

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

if you try a full wave, let me know how it works.. haha

maybe that sub just ist suited for a tline

i might try a half wave first.

id need 25 feet of pipe for a full wave... jesus

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

i might try a half wave first.

id need 25 feet of pipe for a full wave... jesus

They don't really work in my experience. We built one for an 8 with a crazy labyrinth port and the port velocity was like... nil... by the time it got to the end of the port. Just too much loss, too much air for that little motor to try and move.

If you were moving an ass-ton of air and had considerably more Sd than line area (at least at the throat) then you could do it, I think.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

They don't really work in my experience. We built one for an 8 with a crazy labyrinth port and the port velocity was like... nil... by the time it got to the end of the port. Just too much loss, too much air for that little motor to try and move.

If you were moving an ass-ton of air and had considerably more Sd than line area (at least at the throat) then you could do it, I think.

Your right about that

What would work I bet

say working on a 60hz full wave

This is what I would try and do:

4- 10"s, high fs, but a lot of cone movement

start the line internals off at 10"x10" and the line beginning, and end at SD x's 4 say 60sq inch per sub x's 4 240sq inches x's 18+ feet

So it would be a horn shape, but if you think of it, that should be the most effective way to do it

That should get velocity up good, or do a 5th woofer in the far back, maybe choke the very beginning to a 10"x10"x10" cavity with 5- 10s firing in to it, and 1-10" cut out to get a high velocity escape route

but again, that is 18+ feet for 60hz lol

but should also peak at 30hz, 15hz as well

sundown.jpg

i see.. t-lines seem to be becoming increasingly picky with what drivers to use.

if i have time im going to try the 1/2 wave this weekend. i have left over pipe from the 1/4 so ill just grab some fittings at lowes

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build