Second Skin Audio

Reconing my AQ 15

yea if used properly... it all depends on the setup too man not just the quailty of the sub... I could blow a BTL or TSNS easily but they are great woofers

This

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

UPDATE**

With time restraints and all, Rob's gonna recone the sub and we're gonna hook it back up sunday.

once you get it reconed and reinstalled, set your gain properly and don't clip the shit out of it and the coil won't unwind.

Hopefully that'll get done this weekend too.

I've never had to recone a blown one, I always cut up a working sub. Either to change sub size, VC config, or to upgrade to alum coils.

But as was said, ANY sub can be blown if abused enough...

i've never blown one on accident.

anytime i want to rebuild one i just go fucking ham on that thing. double the rms to one coil with a clipped ass signal, yep that'll do it. =@

the easiest way i have found to get the coil gap clean is to use a manilla folder with double sided tape all over it. just slide that in and out of the gap and all around the walls.

you'll be suprised how much shit will come out of that gap and stick to the tape

Well fellas I ended up flipping the sub upside down and banged on it a couple times and poop out came the unwound coil. lol We didnt take any pics of the recone process but I thought this one was a treat. An HD3 motor and HDC3 cone. I might just have to recone my ol HD3's with a newer cone. Was the only problem I ever had with them. Although if you resin the back of the old paper cone you could put a 7k on it for burps. :)

For cleaning the gap use a popsicle stick and duct tape. :)

Ken and his New Sub

HPIM2787.jpg

HPIM2788.jpg

It was a pleasure meeting ya! Dont ever hesitate if ya need anything or have any questions feel free to give me a call. :)

Thanks a lot Rob. Pleasure meeting you too and thanks for the demo. Sounding sweet man. Gotta hear it at 0.5 and full tilt though. Thanks again bro.