Second Skin Audio

Good 18's?

First don't go "cheap" with things like this. But you'll be fine with 3 HC2000's/D2700's or higher and atleast a 250amp alt. But come one man what do you think will be louder? Both sub setups are about 1kw rms and one is only little over 100^2 worth of cone are and one is over 500^in. You pick.

Yeah but they are only 1k rms each i want something more than that..

the HDC3 are wayy underrated the copper coils can take about 1800 watts of clean power and the aluminum option can take about 3k+

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

I might just get some SSDS for now then..my lights are flickering and im having voltage drop with the system i have now though. dc level 4 with AP1500D wired at 1 ohm. 1/0 Wire runs for the amp but I havnt done the big 3. Will the big 3 stop the voltage drop? Or do i need to get a extra batt in back?

18" DC Level 4

the HDC3 are wayy underrated the copper coils can take about 1800 watts of clean power and the aluminum option can take about 3k+

Not bashing the OP but I don't think he's ready to be pushing any sub that far pass its limits. Im not trying to be a dick or anything just don't want to see you spend all this money and have subs or amps dieing on him.

you should look into the aq hdc3 18's and get another ap1500 and that should leave you with some where close to a grand left for your electrical upgrades and box materials, and trust me the 1000 watt rms rating don't mean nothing mine are eating up my fosgate 1000's but i have to up grade my electrical before adding more power, and i'm not sure about how much space you have but if you can't give them 5-6 cubes net each then maybe look into doing 2 of the 15's or maybe spending a little more on a single 18 that would like 3000 watts in a daily setup

I agree with Gti to a point, but if you are gonna get another 1500 just switch to the 3000.1d and get 2 dual 1.4s wired down to .7 per channel.. the reason i say that is because your going to try to match gain 2 amps, and set everything exactly the same with 2 amps.. where as the 3k you only set it once and it works fine for both channels..

2 lvl4XL 15s at .7ohms each channel on the AP amp runs great.

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I agree with Gti to a point, but if you are gonna get another 1500 just switch to the 3000.1d and get 2 dual 1.4s wired down to .7 per channel.. the reason i say that is because your going to try to match gain 2 amps, and set everything exactly the same with 2 amps.. where as the 3k you only set it once and it works fine for both channels..

2 lvl4XL 15s at .7ohms each channel on the AP amp runs great.

Yeah but I already have one 1500D and i would rather not spend any more money than I have to if you get what i mean.

How much airspace do the 15's need?

Edited by Chrisn077

18" DC Level 4

I might just get some SSDS for now then..my lights are flickering and im having voltage drop with the system i have now though. dc level 4 with AP1500D wired at 1 ohm. 1/0 Wire runs for the amp but I havnt done the big 3. Will the big 3 stop the voltage drop? Or do i need to get a extra batt in back?

the big 3 will help,im not saying its going to solve the problem though =p

adding more batteries will only put more strain on your stock alt,DC Power alts ftw

2001 Black Monte Carlo SS chrome 20''

(1) Alpine i-9881 deck-ipod-

(2) DC lvl 4XL 18''s-Walled-

(1) DAT Hellfire - 2500.1-fused-

(1) D3400 XS Power battery-fused-

(2) CDT 6.5 comp

(X) pioneer 6x9 set

(1) RF T-400.4

(1) DC POWER ALT INSTALLED BY ROB FTW,Big3

(1) Viper 5901 Alarm + killer yorkies and chihuahas

[EdgarCervantes] 4:31 pm: im in my room and out of nowere i hear bass im like oh shit sombody has

bass in this city, i look out the window and its my mom bumping Gorilla Zoe

Yeah but I already have one 1500D and i would rather not spend any more money than I have to if you get what i mean.

How much airspace do the 15's need?

heres the specs

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/specs.html

2001 Black Monte Carlo SS chrome 20''

(1) Alpine i-9881 deck-ipod-

(2) DC lvl 4XL 18''s-Walled-

(1) DAT Hellfire - 2500.1-fused-

(1) D3400 XS Power battery-fused-

(2) CDT 6.5 comp

(X) pioneer 6x9 set

(1) RF T-400.4

(1) DC POWER ALT INSTALLED BY ROB FTW,Big3

(1) Viper 5901 Alarm + killer yorkies and chihuahas

[EdgarCervantes] 4:31 pm: im in my room and out of nowere i hear bass im like oh shit sombody has

bass in this city, i look out the window and its my mom bumping Gorilla Zoe