Need College Help Bad

im a senior currently in high school and i want to go to college to major in Networking, basically to set up networks, provide security etc. i am certified as a comptia A+ technician and will be ccert cisco certified later this school year.

i waited a long ass time to apply for college and im in trouble. alot of college deadlines already passed. i dont know where to look.

i would like for the college/university to be within 2 hours of Arlington Heights Illinois. I have already applied to Illinois State University...and well, thats it.

my brother had told me that the essay i wrote to them for the application was complete shit and i shouldve gotten help from him or my teachers for it. he was right, after we reviewed it i was thinking to myself how the hell did i send this p.o.s in. soooo i dont think i have a good chance of getting in there.

currently, my gpa is a 3.02 out of a 5 point scale (messed up sophomore year bad) and my ACT is a 23 composite.

can some of you guys help me out? im kind of at a dead end here and am worrying really bad.

community college then transfer in

there is one around here, Harper College. but for some reason i really would like to graduate in my class along with everybody else. i guess im just scared.

im a senior currently in high school and i want to go to college to major in Networking, basically to set up networks, provide security etc. i am certified as a comptia A+ technician and will be ccert cisco certified later this school year.

i waited a long ass time to apply for college and im in trouble. alot of college deadlines already passed. i dont know where to look.

i would like for the college/university to be within 2 hours of Arlington Heights Illinois. I have already applied to Illinois State University...and well, thats it.

my brother had told me that the essay i wrote to them for the application was complete shit and i shouldve gotten help from him or my teachers for it. he was right, after we reviewed it i was thinking to myself how the hell did i send this p.o.s in. soooo i dont think i have a good chance of getting in there.

currently, my gpa is a 3.02 out of a 5 point scale (messed up sophomore year bad) and my ACT is a 23 composite.

can some of you guys help me out? im kind of at a dead end here and am worrying really bad.

JC for GE. Get your shit together, take some time out to visit a few colleges and find an atmosphere you like, apply for the next available semester. College is about YOU not ME or the other guy, find something that fits YOU and go for it. You won't be wasting any time at all at a Junior college, scraping up some GE. In fact, it will save you some money in the long run. So, all hope is not lost if you don't make it to the university level right away. I did the same thing as you and ended up going to a college that wasn't my first choice. I ended up loving it and thanking San Diego for not accepting me. I love the atmosphere my current college has to offer and I'm realizing now that that is more than anything. School is what you make it, so you may as well pick an atmosphere you can enjoy.

Edited by JDirty96

if thats the field you want to enter the college degree is not as important as the certifications and the on the job training you get. trust me.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I know how you feel about graduating with your class. I was the same way when i started college and it killed me whenever i got a bad grade. now that i should be senior status but am still registered a junior, i look back and say damn i could have done better had i just taken my time. Not graduating with your class isn't the end of the world my friend :) Get your head on straight and keep applying to colleges, even if it's past the deadline. Get that essay in tip-top shape and make sure you have more than one person look it over with half their eye-ball lol. If you have to start in the spring semester instead of the fall semester, you can get a job until than and start savin up to pay off loans or pay for books. Just make sure you don't rush into things and don't half ass it either.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

JC for GE. Get your shit together, take some time out to visit a few colleges and find an atmosphere you like, apply for the next available semester. College is about YOU not ME or the other guy, find something that fits YOU and go for it. You won't be wasting any time at all at a Junior college, scraping up some GE. In fact, it will save you some money in the long run. So, all hope is not lost if you don't make it to the university level right away. I did the same thing as you and ended up going to a college that wasn't my first choice. I ended up loving it and thanking San Diego for not accepting me. I love the atmosphere my current college has to offer and I'm realizing now that that is more than anything. School is what you make it, so you may as well pick an atmosphere you can enjoy.

thanks a bunch man. i have visited ISU last summer with my brother, who is currently enrolled there as a senior. i loved the atmosphere. even though i havent gone to other colleges here, except i have been to Harper back in middle school and it was pretty decent, i should go there again to check out whats happening there and see what they have to offer.

I know how you feel about graduating with your class. I was the same way when i started college and it killed me whenever i got a bad grade. now that i should be senior status but am still registered a junior, i look back and say damn i could have done better had i just taken my time. Not graduating with your class isn't the end of the world my friend :) Get your head on straight and keep applying to colleges, even if it's past the deadline. Get that essay in tip-top shape and make sure you have more than one person look it over with half their eye-ball lol. If you have to start in the spring semester instead of the fall semester, you can get a job until than and start savin up to pay off loans or pay for books. Just make sure you don't rush into things and don't half ass it either.

wont applying after the deadline be useless?

how does spring semester work, do you finish in the winter or something?

I slacked off hard in HS, but there was a reason for that, ended up with a shit gpa, above c but not b avg, good test scores, 27 on ACT and like a 1290 on the SAT (back before they changed the scoring system for it) and applied to SIUC, Bradley, and TN Tech. Figured id get into bradley seeing as i had 2 parents who graduated, nope. TN Tech offered me cash but i chose SIUC. Go to SIUC, its a bit farther than you were looking, but id say that or com. col. for now. I fucked up hard at school, had alotta shit goin on in my life, and now im tryin to figure out how to get back in it as a 21 year old freshman. IDK which community college you would end up at, but ECC (elgin) is alright. It just felt way too much like HS all over again, but nobody really talked to anyone they didnt know from HS already. I was in the same boat as you as far as deadlines, so im just gunna keep workin, get my stereo, then get back to school (only cuz i already got a job payin kick ass money for not havin any education). Also, call admissions at ISU and try and set up an appointment to have an interview if you think the essay was that bad. Doesnt hurt to try and you might get in. Wouldda gotten me into my number one choice of school but i didnt do it. Kicking myself every day since.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.