XS Power

Which Battery for my system?

A d3400 battery would be another good choice. it should fit under your hood in stock location too.

Otherwise there is a group buy going on for the powermaster d3100s, you could get a great deal on that.

Id say just go for the biggest battery right from the start since it really dont cost too much more then a smaller battery.

D3100s ftw!

You can order Powermaster direct

http://4xspower.com/

1-888-4xs-power

Otherwise DC Power alts, Mechman alts, Iraggi alts all seem to sell them, as well as www.jegs.com and www.summitracing.com

o man...

look into the big 3

1/0g wiring

and u might as well join the group buy and save some money, currently its %5 off

i meant will ur alternator be able to charge ur batteries... is it stock

(edit, me and caddy on the same wavelength on this one)

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

yeah its stock i dont plan on buying anything for a little bit xmas is coming up you all know lol but should i keep the stock batt or get rid of it?

Imo, the first battery to replace should be your stock battery. It looks like you have a blazer? So I think the powermaster d3400 should be a perfect fit under the hood in your stock location.

Its not the best idea to mix and match wetcell (factory) batteries with agm batteries, since they both require different charging voltages. Overtime your stock wetcell battery will become dependent on the nicer battery, which will not only weaken the wetcell, but could weaken the new agm battery and result in a poorer or lower resting voltage.

A stock alternator can usually charge 2 batteries decently if you dont drain your batteries down low, then rely on the alternator to charge them back up fully. An alternator is only a component to keep your batteries voltage maintained, not to fully charge them from the dead.

With that being said. Id worry about replacing the battery under the hood first. Spend a few bucks on some 1/0 gauge wire and do the big 3 upgrade under the hood (instruction on that are stickied under the wiring/electrical forum). The big 3 really dont use much wire and should be cheap to do!!

After you got that all said and then, you can kinda compair your voltage needs from past to present and see if you will need more batteries or a bigger alt. IMO your next step after a good front battery and big 3 would be a high output alternator. DC Power makes some wicked sick alts that are being proven over and over time and time again!!