XS Power

Will a new batt be helpfull for my car?

Hi,

I have some electrical problems.

I have about 1200 watts rms from my 2 amps. I am on stock alt and stock battery on my Toyota Auris 2.0 l diesel.

When I start the car, I can read up to 14.13 v - 14.06 v for a few minutes with my system playing (hard as often !!!).

Then it starts going down to 13.8v - 13.6v.

If I put the a/c on, it goes to 13.3v - 13.25v.

I think it's normal to loose some voltage after a few minutes, because the alternator "works" hard after the start.

But I would like to play at around 14v everytime !

What can I do ? I will put a secong 0/1 wire for the ground on the battery.

The big3 is difficult to do : the alternator is very difficult to reach. I will have to take some parts away to do so!! and I am not good at mechanics at all.

Can a good AGM battery do something to help my voltage problem? I don't want to run a second batt in the back, as I have no room left , with the big box I have !

I am pretty sure I will not find any HO alt for my car.

Thanks for all your info.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

It is the 2007 Auris. 126 hp. Do you know this car?

I don't think it has the start/stop technology alternator, but I will have to look for that. I never heared about that, is it the system that stop your engine at red lights and start it when you hit the accelerator (is it the word for the right pedal ?!). If it is , I don't have that on my car.

The engine works until I turn the key on off !!!

For the dimensions, I will take some measures when I get to my car this afternoon (it's 12:15 am right now, and I'm at work !).

We have a dealer for XS batteries here, but I am afraid of buying something that won't help my electrical system.

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

It is the 2007 Auris. 126 hp. Do you know this car?

I don't think it has the start/stop technology alternator, but I will have to look for that. I never heared about that, is it the system that stop your engine at red lights and start it when you hit the accelerator (is it the word for the right pedal ?!). If it is , I don't have that on my car.

The engine works until I turn the key on off !!!

For the dimensions, I will take some measures when I get to my car this afternoon (it's 12:15 am right now, and I'm at work !).

We have a dealer for XS batteries here, but I am afraid of buying something that won't help my electrical system.

Yes I know of the car, and yes that is what the new start/stop technology alternators do. Think they just came out in the UK in the 2009 model of that car. Just let me know.

I will check on the alternator upgrade for you.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

Yes I know of the car, and yes that is what the new start/stop technology alternators do. Think they just came out in the UK in the 2009 model of that car. Just let me know.

I will check on the alternator upgrade for you.

Ohh, that is cool !!!

Tell me what I can do, and I will save some money for that!!!

aslong as you get a good sixe it'll deff help man

Sorry, but I'm French, so I can't understand everything here !!!

"a good sixe" : what is that ?

I think he meant to say "a good size"

oh!!!!!!!!

sorry!

I forgot to take the dimensions of the battery. F%$@

Will tell you soon!