Ok, so for those that haven't seen my thread about hitting a deer, I'm in the market for a new vehicle. I need some suggestions for what out there is good and bad.

I need something with more room than my Dakota, so either an SUV type vehicle or a 4 door truck. I'm thinking SUV, because I really want to have the space to put my new sub. I think the mounting depth is too much to fit it under the back seat of a truck. I can't find my tape measure, but it's a little shorter than a 20 oz plastic pop bottle.

Anyway, I really like the Chevy HHR. They have good crash test ratings, which I'm big on since we have a child, and they get pretty good gas mileage. I work out of town, so I want something that's somewhat gas friendly. The trucks that I like are generally too much money and don't get very good gas mileage. I'm looking at spending around $18,000 at the most, but would prefer to spend a little less.

Any other suggestions? The HHR is a strong contender. Please note that I'm not interested in looking "cool". I passed that stage a long time ago. :D I just need a good, dependable vehicle with space for family AND stereo. :lol:

Im taking it ur talking used vehicles ?

I know its not an suv but u could buy my 2006 Impala SS it has less than 40k on it. :)

Edited by cubs_fan0718

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Id drive it to u for the right price also then it have more than 40k on it lol

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

You could also look at the Dodge Caliber either the AWD one of the Caliber SRT :)

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

I loved my mountaineer.. get one lol i should have not gotten rid of it..

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

Dodge Magnum has my vote. Best car I have ever owned.

Mine is for sale actually, has 26,000 miles. Asking $19k with rims system everything. haha

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)

honestly like a 00 explorer or 98=2001 blazer you should be able to get for 5k or less and be back at no payments on that bitch.

myself i buy all my cars straight out even if we have to save a long time, i hate having a note on something like that

honestly like a 00 explorer or 98=2001 blazer you should be able to get for 5k or less and be back at no payments on that bitch.

myself i buy all my cars straight out even if we have to save a long time, i hate having a note on something like that

Yeah, I hate owing money. That's why I was so excited to get my truck paid off. Unfortunately, I need a dependable vehicle, and I'm the most mechanically uninclined person when it comes to fixing them.