you are retarded. do you have no logic in your brain at all?

So I'm sure many of you are good at it and use the technique.

My question is this, I just tried to sniper something and hit my last (and first) two bids on the item with 30 seconds and 8 seconds left. Some people bid 5 and 8 seconds before the end.

Are they probably using software to do this? Is that the only way to really win?

No i don't think so. You put the higher bid you can afford to pay for it. That all. Simple as that.

you are retarded. do you have no logic in your brain at all?

You, obviously, have no clue how to haggle whatsoever.

Again, you never EVER commit to your final price right away. That is what is known as "choking." It's also sometimes referred to as "doing it wrong."

images-1.jpg

Now that I am sober and breathing only air again I found a nice little list for those naive enough to always pay "full price" for things they barely want or need.

1. Never put in an early proxy! Don't be a fool, like I was, and enter a proxy bid early in the battle. The conventional wisdom is early proxying only results in higher prices.

2. Know what an item is worth. Set a maximum for yourself. Research previous auctions and other sources of information to determine what is a fair price. Then decide what is the top dollar you'll pay.

3. Never put in an early proxy for this amount. Why? Because if you bid on multiple items you certainly won't get all of them -- but if you do, your potential exposure could be bigger than your pocketbook. This works against setting a few $1,000 proxies on $10 items just to make sure you win. Not to mention what happens if someone (like the seller) catches wind of this and drives you up just to raise the price.

4. Watch the item. Keep an eye on the items that interest you, but never bid. Don't do anything that might create interest in the item. Let the early-bidding stooges be asleep when you win the auction.

5. You must be there at the end. I am convinced that sniping is the only way to win in the environment eBay has created. Not sniping makes you a sucker.

I think this is bad for eBay, but that's eBay's problem. It also means you need a good alarm clock and calendar to keep track of where to be and when to make those final winning bids. I am vaguely aware of software that will automate this process, but my correspondents didn't consider it nearly as effective as doing the work yourself, in person, at closing. This might involve a last-second proxy.

6. Delayed closings might be a good thing. There are some auctions that automatically delay the closing until 10 minutes have passed without a new high bid.

My new sniper friends were divided on this. Most didn't seem to like the last-minute frenzy before the close, which added a large amount of randomness to the outcome. Automatically delaying closes would make the process a little more civil, most said. This is probably a good idea, based on the arguments I've seen.

(I know that some sites use this Popcorn Bidding and it does help avoid these issues)

images-1.jpg

i just sit and wait as long as u have a good nternet connection u set ur max bid and if ne 1 bid less than ur max it will atomatically bid without going over unless u set a higher max bid

95 Delta 88

10 inch fubar(2 MB Quart RWE-352 15" on way soon)

1500.1 crunch

kenwood KDC-MP642U

Jp Kustomz

Wow, you have no clue on wat they are trying to say do you? Jgod explained it perfectly. Just because you put a bid of $100 on an item where the bidding is only at $25, doesnt mean that you are goin to be paying $100 for it. Your max bid $100. Then you will be a winning winner with a bid of $26, even though you have a max bid of $100. If someone puts a bid of $50 with your max bid of $100, the new winning bid is now $51, not $100. If you cant understand that then I dunno.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

Wow, you have no clue on wat they are trying to say do you? Jgod explained it perfectly. Just because you put a bid of $100 on an item where the bidding is only at $25, doesnt mean that you are goin to be paying $100 for it. Your max bid $100. Then you will be a winning winner with a bid of $26, even though you have a max bid of $100. If someone puts a bid of $50 with your max bid of $100, the new winning bid is now $51, not $100. If you cant understand that then I dunno.

You have no clue what I'm trying to say either do you? You just gave one example or one outcome of that scenario and are talking as if it is what will always happen. Only an idiot would set their final price on anything, that is all.

If you are rich and have money to piss away, be my guest. It would just seem odd that you use ebay if that is the case. I am talking about what it is like to be a man and have real life haggling skills that can save you money here.

You will pay more money. Conventional wisdom. Do you understand these words?

images-1.jpg

I understand what you're trying to say, slugdub. I NEVER bid until the last second. Like you said, early bidding only causes the final price to always be higher.

LOL, thank you. Yes I may have typed up last night's summary of this like a drunken retard. I will give you that, but I don't want to see anyone here paying out their ass for that old Cowboys Starter Jacket or whatever because they are lazy.

Put a little time & effort into it and you will feel satisfied you got the best deal.

images-1.jpg

Real life and Ebay are 2 whole different things. The only time that his bid for instance reach $150 is if someone bid $149. So if you cant see that logic, as i know everyone else can, then i dunno. Also, like i said earlier, Real life is different then Internet. I in person will haggle on a item if i was goin to buy it in person, but you cant haggle on and auction.

Yes early bidding does cause the price to be higher, cause everyone bids trying to out bid the person that early bids. I do snipe on items fyi, it does make me mad that people put early bids, casue that raises the price of the object higher and higher. You just dont see wat collin was saying. He likes to bid on items on ebay, but he either doesnt have the time, or patience to wait to bid on an item all the way to the last seconds of an auction. But in person, you can see and feel the object in person, unlike ebay all you see is a picture.

Im done here, and I hope you see what everyone is trying to say.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks