I've been looking at alarm/starter setups and have narrowed it down to Viper or Compustar. If i go viper i'm going to get the 5902 (latest model from what i can see) As far as Compustar, i have no idea which model would be comparable. I'm looking for something with aux outs for a strobe kit (which will also be activated when the alarm goes off), for my interior lights and what not, and a 2-way setup is a must. So my question to ya'll is which from compustar would be comparable to the 5902 from viper? And which would you prefer? Any and all opinions, thoughts, ideas are welcome!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

ive never dealt with compustar, but i live in an area where people only really know viper, so thats what we sell.... the 5902 is definately a kick ass model, i had to be impatient and get the 5901 before the 5902 came out... but i know from experience that viper is awesome....

2003 Toyota Sequoia

Pioneer 4100dvd

Memphis PR6.5 3ways in all four doors

Memphis PR 15s (4)

Memphis PR 1.1000 (2)

Memphis PR 4.50 (1)

Optima Yellowtop (2)

Viper 5901

8000k H.I.D. kit

15% tint (2layers)

p2w900fm

Smokes any viper

11ch aux outputs with no need to buy any extra modules.

More settings and tweeks than you will know what to do with.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Have u looked into Ungo its made by clarion dont know if thats up there or not.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Have u looked into Ungo its made by clarion dont know if thats up there or not.

used to be made by clarion.

now it's DEI

same brain as

clifford

viper

python

avital

ungo

sidewinder

boa

hornet

rattler

wasp

valet

etc....lol

It's funny how people say viper, viper, when it's the same alarm as some very low no-name dei stuff.

Viper does nothing fancy, except the new smart start(which IMHO is retarded anyway)

Other than that, you get no numerous channels, without buying the channel expander.

no hot and cold start without a module

doesnt do entry without the fob, (very cool piece by compustar)

Do your homework, you will see Dei doesnt even come close to firsttech.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

used to be made by clarion.

now it's DEI

same brain as

clifford

viper

python

avital

ungo

sidewinder

boa

hornet

rattler

wasp

valet

etc....lol

It's funny how people say viper, viper, when it's the same alarm as some very low no-name dei stuff.

Viper does nothing fancy, except the new smart start(which IMHO is retarded anyway)

Other than that, you get no numerous channels, without buying the channel expander.

no hot and cold start without a module

doesnt do entry without the fob, (very cool piece by compustar)

Do your homework, you will see Dei doesnt even come close to firsttech.

You've never had any problems with compustars dropping remotes? We were a compustar deal for numerous years(last year was the last time we had them) and we had hella problems with their remote starts dropping remotes.

Most of the newer directed units do have a smartstart that will automatically start the vehicle when it reaches a certain temperature(and it pages you when the temp changes) or voltage.

As for channels... most of the higher end units have 4channels... which is enough to do what most people want.

IMO I'd go with viper or a directed product... it will be a hell of alot easier to get serviced if you ever have any problems with it... The large dealer network and directed's warranty is what makes them great products.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Thanks for the group input, i appreciate it!!

Well for my needs, the alarm, auto start, aux outputs and theft bypass (obviously) are key. On the one hand, my truck is the work truck model, it has AC but not power locks, no power windows, no power seats, vinyl high traffic flooring, cloth 60/40 split seating, etc. So i'm not in need of being able to lock the vehicle (i do it subconciously when i leave the truck, lock my keys in quite a few times lol) crank windows are less electrical headache when they break lol, vinyl i could do without but its fun to watch people slip on the floormats lol and the seats, well they're getting redone. So i like the compustar's high amount of aux outputs, but i probably wouldn't use them all. How easy are they to install compared to a Viper model? Any other information on either brand that would cater to the auto start/alarm/aux requirements?

Keep those opinions/info comin!!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Thanks for the group input, i appreciate it!!

Well for my needs, the alarm, auto start, aux outputs and theft bypass (obviously) are key. On the one hand, my truck is the work truck model, it has AC but not power locks, no power windows, no power seats, vinyl high traffic flooring, cloth 60/40 split seating, etc. So i'm not in need of being able to lock the vehicle (i do it subconciously when i leave the truck, lock my keys in quite a few times lol) crank windows are less electrical headache when they break lol, vinyl i could do without but its fun to watch people slip on the floormats lol and the seats, well they're getting redone. So i like the compustar's high amount of aux outputs, but i probably wouldn't use them all. How easy are they to install compared to a Viper model? Any other information on either brand that would cater to the auto start/alarm/aux requirements?

Keep those opinions/info comin!!

Personally I think the directed units are easier to install and program... but then again they are what I've been doing since I started.

As for the non-power locks, why don't you just add some actuators? They aren't hard to put in.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

A few remote issues.

Like 2 or 3 over the last 4 years.

will the DEI's do hot and cold start?

Or just cold??

Don't get me wrong, I think the viper/DEI is a good alarm.

Maybe it's just that I like to have wayyyyyyyyy to many options to fuck with.

lol

Archived