Sonic Electronix

So i found a 2 inch speaker in my electronics class today when me and my friend were searching for shit to put on our cars we made.

the speaker is rated 1 watt max, assuming its .5 watts RMS, 16 ohms, Made In China (haha)

i found a little extender plug that i found that came with my Logitech FreePulse wireless headphones, i stripped the plastic on the female end, soldered the 2 wires from the speaker to the outside of the female connector, along with burning half of the plastic off by accident (which made my kitchen smell like absolute shit), taped it up, plugged it into my ipod, and hallelujah, it worked!!!

i showed it to my teacher and she was like "its a ghetto blaster" :lol:

it doesnt go loud (40-60dB tops), i plugged it into my home amp (200 rms) and it went half as loud as the little amp of the ipod.

tell me what you think guys

DSC01631.jpg

DSC01629.jpg

DSC01627.jpg

haha damn that is some funny shit.. 1 watt max

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

I used to love doing shit like that back in high school... I have so many stories!

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Built a pair of headphones using 6x9's & metal stripping...

Built a project everybody could listen to their cd player on...

Built a 10-way headphone splitter for a friend...

Fixed countless CD players for everyone at school...

BTW bro, did you wire both positive output leads from the headphone jack to the speaker?

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

i do that stuff for my cousin sometimes i get bored and get an old headphone plug and cut it off i wired it to two little speakers like that and made a little box for them and they was pretty loud on my i pod

lol if yall want some pics ill get some

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Built a pair of headphones using 6x9's & metal stripping...

Built a project everybody could listen to their cd player on...

Built a 10-way headphone splitter for a friend...

Fixed countless CD players for everyone at school...

BTW bro, did you wire both positive output leads from the headphone jack to the speaker?

what kind of project for the cd player

and 6x9 headphones?? dude, if i pull up 2 ma school everybody be like DAMN (lol, from a friend)

10-way headphone splitter, if it works, l...m...a...o

2 positive? i dunno, there were just 2 strips of gold leads, and i just soldered both speaker wires to each of the strips, the speaker has no sign for + or -, neither does the plug, so how do i tell?

i do that stuff for my cousin sometimes i get bored and get an old headphone plug and cut it off i wired it to two little speakers like that and made a little box for them and they was pretty loud on my i pod

lol if yall want some pics ill get some

what kind of box did you make, and what do you think i should make for this, personally, my speakers that i use for my shower are loud as hell, but when its free air, their quiet as shit, show me some pics, i would love it

Edited by Krannyman92

(quote)

what kind of box did you make, and what do you think i should make for this, personally, my speakers that i use for my shower are loud as hell, but when its free air, their quiet as shit

just make one out of plywood like 1/4 and amke it a little bit smaller than mine cause mine holds two and theres no way to mount them so i used some caulk and also ive mounted some in a pvc pipe end cap where when u put the speaker in the end cap and it would make it sealed like a enclosure

hers some pics

speaks2jb1.th.jpg

speaks1tx4.th.jpg

speaksno6.th.jpg

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

sweet, my computers messing up, so i posted 3 times total by accident SORRY, but heres the other audio sample, with the mic 6 inches away from the speaker

Edited by Krannyman92