Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, i just wanted to make a quick topic before i turned in tonight. I've been meaning to put my woofers back for some time now, but i need to make sure, and i mean ABSOLUTLEY make sure that my subs are wired correctly and the way i want them. I have a eD nine.1 amp that is rated 1200W @ 1ohm. So since i have 2 1 ohm subs, i need to wire them to have a 1 ohm load so i have 600 watts going to them each. i looked on the 12volt for a diagram, and i wired it accordingly. I just wanted to post a picture because i dont want to find out i did some faulty wiring, because these things are a bitch to put back in :(. here's the picture, sorry for the crude drawing.

DSC05857-1.jpg

I think i've wired the coils in series, and using that dumb amp diagram i drew that should put the speaker terminals in parallel, unless i have it backwards. Let me know if there are any problems in that wiring and how to correct them, thanks! On a side note, i have one sub upside down just to show you if i wired the coils in series

Edited by Ndnkobra

if im correct which i think i am u wont be able to get 1 ohm out of two subs. its either .5 ohms or 2 ohms. I was having the same problem with mine (2 subs 1 amp)

2002 Dodge durango 4.7L

Autopage 2 way remote start alarm system

2 AQ 15 Aluminum coils.

1 AQ2200D (soon to be 2).

8.5 cubes tuned to 38hz.

Yellow top under hood.

Kinetik 1800 in rear.

Big 3.

(H/O Alt Soon to come)

Kicker ZX200.4

Kicker 6.5 doors (blown)

RF 6.5 comp set (soon to come)

1 run of Stinger 1/0 guage (soon to be 3)

All of the above is all gone

Currently own a 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

No audio components.

he is wrong. you will get 1ohm. its actualy series/parallel. its looks like you are going to wire them right. little hard to tell from the pic but it looks good.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

alright good, this might be a stupid question but i cant help but asking, would it matter which terminals i wired in series? like say if took that blue wire on the sub thats upside down thats going from right hand negative to left hand positive, and moved it up to the other terminals put it so its going from right hand positive to left hand negative. Its been on my mind but i dont think it should matter

You sure? According to this you can, but thats why i posted this topic

2_1ohm_dvc_1ohm-1.gif

this is right

do jumper on one of the coils on each sub (that will give u a 0.5 ohm load)

then take the other coil and hook up the (+) and the (-)

that will give u a 1 ohm load

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

the diagram is correct. and no it makes no difference which coils you series over. just as long as you dont series the same coil :lol:

and lunatik...he could only get those ohm loads if he had *one* dual 1 ohm sub. he could pick parallel (.5 ohms) or series (2 ohms) he has two, so he's safe

if im correct which i think i am u wont be able to get 1 ohm out of two subs. its either .5 ohms or 2 ohms. I was having the same problem with mine (2 subs 1 amp)

His subs are d1s, yours were d2s. That's why you could only get a .5/2 ohm load. He can get a 1 or 4 ohm load.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

His subs are d1s, yours were d2s. That's why you could only get a .5/2 ohm load. He can get a 1 or 4 ohm load.

o i c i c thats correct. i forgot about that ;)

2002 Dodge durango 4.7L

Autopage 2 way remote start alarm system

2 AQ 15 Aluminum coils.

1 AQ2200D (soon to be 2).

8.5 cubes tuned to 38hz.

Yellow top under hood.

Kinetik 1800 in rear.

Big 3.

(H/O Alt Soon to come)

Kicker ZX200.4

Kicker 6.5 doors (blown)

RF 6.5 comp set (soon to come)

1 run of Stinger 1/0 guage (soon to be 3)

All of the above is all gone

Currently own a 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

No audio components.