1993 Cavalier 2.2l Engine Problems...

Alright, well my car keeps messing up, and it really bugs me, I cant even drive out of town, with out it messing up. I'll try my best to describe the problem, bare with me on this please, since i dont really know that much about cars...

Okay, when i drive my car for awhile, and the engine gets hot it starts to 'chug' and the car shakes really bad, and has almost NO power at all, i can put it to the floor, and i get almost nothing, it kinda seems like the engine isnt getting enuff gas, but if i drive it and i get out, i can smell gas so that tells me that its not burning all the gas. it never happened when i first bought it but then after it got warmer it started doing this, I changed the sparkplug wires myself, thinking that that might fix the problem but it didnt. im starting to think that it is a mechanical proble, or maybe a sensor, but i want more opinions, and maybe ill get lucky enuff, and someone had the same problem and knows what it is. thanks a lot, and help would be greatly appreciated...

-Shane

no0b4lif3-SMD.jpg

When you changed the wires, are you sure you put them back in the order you took them off? Otherwise the ignition sequence will be off & your cylinder firing routine will cause the car to sputter & not burn all the fuel in the correct order.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

sounds to me like you need to check your cataletic (sp?) converter. my car has two and when one of them went bad it really lost power and shook like you say

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

what? it was something to do with the ECT sensor i think, (thats what the trouble code said) but that doesnt mean thats the problem, that just says what happened, it doesnt tell you what caused it...

no0b4lif3-SMD.jpg

what kind of car

you definatley need to replace that sensor first off cause it tells your computer in your car how to make the engine run according to the engines temp....

Edited by roscoe1129

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

edit: noob was a bit faster disregard this

Edited by BassJunkie

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.