Sonic Electronix

Thinking about doing this to make some $$$$$$

Well, my dad, my friend (slapuho on here) and I are thinking about buying a termlab in order to host shows and make some money doing it. Enough to pay for the trophies and the termlab eventually. These wont be sanctioned events, just a place to come chill and compete for 1st place. We will have classes, and in order to get as big a turnout as possible, and to help you our local shops (the good ones at least) I will be talking to them about, them giving out cards that will take 5$ off the admission to the show if they get their car worked on there. It will be getting signed by an installer, and only one per person. We will give some $ back to the store for doing that. Anyway, so if we have an area with no people for a while and were allowed to be there, is there any reason why we cant just host our own shows with a termlab? I wanna make some $$$ and there just arent enough around here, and no shops have one (that works anyway), and I am going to try to get them involved and just really wanna walk away with maybe 100 bucks per person for a days work + fun.

Sry for the paragraph but I want to explain the situation, does anyone do this?

AND may charge people for metering/bass racing, stuff like that.

http://www.midwestcaraudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=233

EDIT: I did the show for free, and it ended up being a great turnout. If I were you, I would host 1 or 2 free shows to get the word out before I start charging for admission

Edited by footlongsam

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com

You gotta understand, We're young. We can't be driving 5 hours for a show.

There is nothing here.

I want to go to more shows but there is nothing within a 2 hour drive.

That is why we think of things like this.

Edit: I wish we could go to shows that far away to chill with people from SMD and shit, but it's just too hard.

And yeah Sam, the free show would be a good idea, maybe some free food?

Edited by Slapuhho

4 18's, low power and lots of gay fur.

Team gg

Team DOA

My Videos :)

http://www.midwestcaraudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=233

EDIT: I did the show for free, and it ended up being a great turnout. If I were you, I would host 1 or 2 free shows to get the word out before I start charging for admission

If it werent for all the people I know in this town complaining about not having these type of chill shows, then I would want to do one for free. But Its not like its going to be a rediculus amount like 25-30 bucks. Prob 15 and 10 if you have that little slip signed by an installer. I want everyone to have a good time, but there will be some type of reward for 1st place, and food. I just know that this town needs another car show type deal, since one of out anual ones stopped last year. Used to get 100's of cars just taking up parking lots, but then the mic broke and nothing has happened since. Theres 100,000 people in this College town and Im sure some of them, even a tiny want to have a place where they can go to hang out and look at some cool ass cars.

Crump and myself went to one show last year and it turned into a 2 day thing.

With both of us working and going to school it's hard to do the things we really love.

It would be nice to just chill with people that enjoy the same thing we do.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

4 18's, low power and lots of gay fur.

Team gg

Team DOA

My Videos :)

talk to a few shops grab a calendar and set shows up in front of their stores and thats how you start out then start spreading around

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

go for it. and if you fail you got yourself a term lab, but you have a location for this?

Well, my dad works for the local park district and they do tons of events with tons of locations, as long as we are allowed to be there we can be @ any one of these locations as long as they're not being used.