Sonic Electronix

Is this your first system to install? If it is then you should take a close look at everything before you finish hooking it up.

There will be a momentary spark when you put the fuse in, this is normal and will not hurt you or the system if you put it in correctly. If it is more than just a momentary spark there may be something wrong, good thing is that the fuse is designed to blow before your equipment is fried ( in theory ). The fuse will start to glow bright red and then pop if there is something shorting out.

I personally would just shove it in and see what happens but if you are really worried about it then take it to a shop to have them install it for you.

+1

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

haha what was the problem?

Somehow the ground found its way into the Power port of the Amp. and the Power wire found its way into the Ground port in the amp :pardon:

Even though I know I put them in the right places and my friend was watching me do it. lol

2mwi55h.png

Yeah everything works..well it did.

We didn't get it tuned yet but wanted to make sure it works, and I think it was dimming his dash lights. Now his head unit won't turn on, it works fine when we plugged it into my car, but there is no power to the headunit in his car now. We are thinking something happened to the little chord you plug in that powers the headunit.

Any ideas?

2mwi55h.png

Yeah everything works..well it did.

We didn't get it tuned yet but wanted to make sure it works, and I think it was dimming his dash lights. Now his head unit won't turn on, it works fine when we plugged it into my car, but there is no power to the headunit in his car now. We are thinking something happened to the little chord you plug in that powers the headunit.

Any ideas?

check the fuse on the back of the headunit. make sure the wire inside is still connected and not split in half in the middle. if theres a little reset button try pressing that too.

the fuse is not busted, like I said, we plugged it into my car and it fired right up. The deck works great, we think it might be something with his car, even though it was working the last time we tried to use it in his car.

Edited by Cozmoo
2mwi55h.png